Finished product! Headlights no longer ugly! ;)

Chrome turn signal bulbs are in order!! I picked up a pair from DDM for like $7.00 IIRC. Trust me you bwill glad you did it!

Thank you guys! I ordered a set for the rears from Amazon for my turn signals. So I'll have a set of the blue/amber bulbs for the tail lights if anyones interested. Just pm me where to send them at no charge

Thanks for the tip! I ordered the bulbs from DDM just now. $14 cheaper than the bulbs I ordered from Amazon. Those were Sylvanias though

I had to go to Ace hardware 2mi down the road to pick up amber bulbs with one headlight in haha! I thought for sure I had the bulbs laying around but I couldn't find them when the time came.

I also figured I'd lessen the amount of amber shown from the marker lights on the bumper. Had some tint laying around so I popped them out and shrink wrapped it to the marker. Turned out pretty decent but I might change it not sure yet

IMG_20110528_180205.jpg

IMG_20110528_180249.jpg

Also toying around with this idea. I'd like to paint the edges black when I'm done perfecting the cuts
IMG_20110528_153425.jpg

Does that mean you are thinking about taking them apart again to put the modified amber piece back in? I think it looks flawless the way you have it. JMO

Jorge

I was thinking about it for a unique look. But to be honest I'm pretty satisfied as it is now. I probably won't take them apart again unless I have to. Angel eyes or condensation issues down the road..who knows haha

Looks great Disk! That does change the look nicely. Cheaper than new lights!

I went and got sealant and tried to get silver/amber 3157 bulbs but no one had them locally. Bought LED 3157 (think I prefer Silver 3157).

I was going to do mine today, but both are black sealant. I had one out, but put it back in. Got any advice?

(I did get Clear Bumper Markers installed today).

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really appreciate it I do love my LS haha

Cutting them really wasn't bad in my opinion. I do however feel more comfortable re-sealing un-cut headlights. But if you re-seal them correctly there is nothing to worry about. I've already washed my car twice and had some 45* to 90* weather in the psat two days.

Alax7 has some great DIY info on how to do the angel eye mod. I followed his guidelines and also that picture posted on page 1 for the right spot to cut.

I ended up tinting my amber markers on the bumper. Turned out pretty good I think
IMG_20110528_194922.jpg

I'm interested to see what the modified amber piece painted black would look like. Then you'll truely have custom lights. It might catch on.

I just read Alax7's thread on lights, for Gen2. I guess the real question is, is it worth heating the black sealant Gen1 lights... or just cut into them? If heat is best: Cut then Heat? Heat then Cut? (Thought I'd ask since you just did it this weekend). Hood is open, headlight is out, dremel with cutting disk plugged in.

I like how yours turned out. Nice looking LSE!

Chrome bulbs and clear side markers are the best way to go on a light colored car. Nice work!

Lol Gotcha! Id love to put clear corners on the bumper but I need the amber relfecter for insurance/accident purposes. I don't mind the tinted look to make them appear smaller. I'm going to see if I can get a less black and more smoked looking vinyl. I've also got another idea for my headlights to set me apart from the rest. Ill chime in with that when I find a passanger grey sealant for cheap. I'm not going to re-open and re-seal the headlight I cut. The grey sealant headlights are so easy to open and seal I don't mind doing that again

As far as advice I would heat the black ealant headlight up a little bit before you cut it. Maybe 250 for 5 minutes to make the plastic softer. Then just use a quality sealant/adhesive to put it back together and your good to go! Really a great almost needed mod for Gen1 headlights.

Instead of Tinting the markers and leaving a small patch you should color match the black part. Then it would look like just a little light, no black. Just MO

^That would be literally perfect! Great idea that never crossed my mind...now I wonder how easily someone could match Silver Frost?

And as far as my idea for the headlights...don't worry no LED strips or anything. I'll be keeping it classy San Diego. Anyone have an extra set of amber lenses they pulled out of their headlights by chance? I'd love a second set to work with

Looks like a different car.
Nice job! And, I am digging the marker lights....alot

Got bored today so i decided to take old set apart to de-amber them i didnt realize how easy they were to take apart i have some eyebrows laying around i think im going to install them on this set and sell them craigslist or something how much do you think i should sell them for????

IMG_7348.jpg

Nice sig pic! And I'm not sure you might have better luck on e-bay for something like that. At least $175-200 for the pair based on how much it costs to buy the ones you have installed.

Thanks! Im trying to get on Bulls level with the sig pics haha, Yea i was thinking 200 obo on craigslist only because im going to polish them up and put the eybrows on them if not ebay it is!

Anyone have an extra set of amber lenses they pulled out of their headlights by chance? I'd love a second set to work with

Damn, I wish I would have known you were looking for them when I was doing my headlights a few weeks back. I just took them out and threw them into the trash.

Damn, I wish I would have known you were looking for them when I was doing my headlights a few weeks back. I just took them out and threw them into the trash.

Disk I still have mine if you want them just let me know, I was just about to toss them out.

Looks really clean, nice job! About to adventure into that myself. Just bought my 02 LS yesterday and the lights will be my first project. I'm going with the 8000K halos/angel eyes, but not sure Which bulbs to put in. Any suggestions would be great, I already have the 8000k halos/angel eyes.

Members online

Back