finally made it to the track, now i need some feedback/input

4.10's are no problem for the 4.6L. With OD on the street you really don't notice them until you punch it. Also its a complete NO NO to shift into or use OD on the drag strip or at WOT. Its a highway gear and not built to take racing punishment. Now I know lots will come on and say I hammer my car in OD.
(I do it now and then LOL) Just giving some peeps a heads up on OD.

Also please double check your 60ft times. I have hard time believing a 2.10. If you 60fted 2.20 you should be in the 14's. Also no way a 6 inch dia DS fit in car. LOL Just to give you a ribbing NED is a whopping 90 ft above sea level.

im not kidding with the 60"times, 2.288,2.338,2.303,2.311 are my 60ft times. just noticed the 2.1# was from the opponent on one of my slips, im gonna try and roll up there tomorrow night with it and see if maxing out my 2-3 shift helps me out in the time department, id love to shave into the high 14's but i know theres still got to be something else holding me back, as most have mentioned that stock marks run faster than my modded one does.

Just a heads up. Drag racing is all about the 60 ft time. Rule is .10 in the 60 ft ='s .20 at the 1/4 mile stripe. I see that you did a 2.228 60ft and bet that was the run you did the 15.1. Next time you go ,shift all gears at 6600 on the stock tach. That will not be a true crank 6600 rpm so don't freak. I have a handfull of timeslips from NED from when my 1993 mk8 was stock doing 14.75's with 2.225 60's. Also to really score fast times go to NED on Weds after a huge prior event.(IE nationals or super chevy) The track will be super prepped. Get there early and be one of the first cars down track to get the "bite" Once all the boozos start slickiing down the starting line park car.

ok so how the hell do i improve my 60ft times? i never made it weds night like i was hoping, had to stay late at work. im not worried about track prep really, kuz i dont have much for traction trouble on launch. im still trying to figure out why others are pulling faster times with stock marks and im slower with mods

how are you launching? what rpm?
i have been told stock converter mark's launch best from idle.

ok so how the hell do i improve my 60ft times? i never made it weds night like i was hoping, had to stay late at work. im not worried about track prep really, kuz i dont have much for traction trouble on launch. im still trying to figure out why others are pulling faster times with stock marks and im slower with mods

How many times have you brought car to track? When lowering 60ft, problem comes when you change parts on car to improve 60ft's you will now be blowing the tires off.

Also list EVERY single mod to car.

every mod to car: 4.10's, detroit true trac locker, driveshaft, 235/55/17 fire hawks in the rear, k&n in the stock air box, sct xcal2 with whatever tune that came with the car when i bought it.
exhaust is still 100% stock, tho its on the list of things to take care of soon, x pipe to replace the 3rd cat and some higher flow mufflers

ive raced this car about 10 times @ NED, my truck probably about 30 passes at NED. so im not a total rookie, but im far from a pro either.
when i was launching i power brake just a lil bit to bring the rpm up to 1100ish, any higher and i just start doing a brakestand

ive got the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift both happening right around 6300rpm and right as im passing thru the traps im just shy of where i would need to shift into 4th gear.

What are your rpms at your trap speed? You should be far from just shy of going into fourth. Did you change out the VSS gear on your transmission to accommodate for the 4.10s? Realistically, the only performance mod you have is the gears and tune. Better tuning should net you some better ETs. The Gen2 intake doesn't perform well at all above 6000 rpms, but only a dyno graph is going to give you an idea of where your shift points should be. I am curious. When does your torque converter lock in 3rd gear? What rpms and/or mph?

Members online

No members online now.
Back