Finally found my Mark!!!

fordguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
After searching every car classifieds on the web and every city in the country on Craigslist for the past 4 months I finally found my Mark. I found a 1997 2 owner 115,000 Pewter Gray/Ebony, sunroof, heated seats. The first owner was a CEO and it was his corporate car till 77,000, the second was a 15 yo girl that had it for 5 years. The interior is near perfect with only the door handle benzel broken. Body is great also with only a small scrape on the passenger side front bumper and some chrome peeling on the grill. Headlights and neon are foggy and water is inside unfortunately. I am so pumped to have a Mark VIII again. I bought my first one as a 21st birthday present for myself 12 years ago it was a 97 Deep Navy Blue/Gray loaded with chrome 10 spokes.. Time to start making a list of modifications to do!!!!!!

PICT0093.gif

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0097.gif

PICT0090.gif

PICT0111.gif

3n93Mb3N85Kf5F85H9cao45f14307fe421d80.jpg

Haha! Took these pics the day I got home the wheels were fixed the next day. I was wondering how long it would take to get called out on that.

I don't really get into Gen 2's but that's one color combo I would have inna minute. Really, I prefer that over a black on black because it's kinda rare to find what you have. Now it just needs a garage to spend it's nights and non-driven days in. :) Good luck with it and I see you're in TN. Not really too far from me. I'm at the top of Alabama. I can be in TN within 15 minutes easily. You're about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away.

I don't really get into Gen 2's but that's one color combo I would have inna minute. Really, I prefer that over a black on black because it's kinda rare to find what you have. Now it just needs a garage to spend it's nights and non-driven days in. :) Good luck with it and I see you're in TN. Not really too far from me. I'm at the top of Alabama. I can be in TN within 15 minutes easily. You're about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away.

Thanks! I literally looked at every city on craigslist (via auto tempest) every night for bout 4 months to find the color combo with sunroof and heated seats. Garage is gettin cleaned out till then she has to sleep outside with her Bronco and Mustang siblings. Cool we are close by but I think it is more like 5 hours though. Let me know if any get togethers are going on!

Thanks! I literally looked at every city on craigslist (via auto tempest) every night for bout 4 months to find the color combo with sunroof and heated seats. Garage is gettin cleaned out till then she has to sleep outside with her Bronco and Mustang siblings. Cool we are close by but I think it is more like 5 hours though. Let me know if any get togethers are going on!

It probably is more around 5 hours away. Nobody ever meets anywhere around here. Maybe in Florida but other than that, it's up North in Wisconsin I think. Too far for me.

Awesome find!!! Congratulations and extremely cool that you were patient enough to find exactly what you wanted. It took me hairs short of a year constantly searching everywhere, too. Can't wait to see what you do with her. :D

Very nice sir. If be finding some black speedstars, and do the lsc treatment to the front. Enjoy and Congrats. Nice color btw

Very nice sir. If be finding some black speedstars, and do the lsc treatment to the front. Enjoy and Congrats. Nice color btw

Gonna wait till spring for new wheels but the lsc front will be happening soon.

After searching every car classifieds on the web and every city in the country on Craigslist for the past 4 months I finally found my Mark. I found a 1997 2 owner 115,000 Pewter Gray/Ebony, sunroof, heated seats. The first owner was a CEO and it was his corporate car till 77,000, the second was a 15 yo girl that had it for 5 years. The interior is near perfect with only the door handle benzel broken. Body is great also with only a small scrape on the passenger side front bumper and some chrome peeling on the grill. Headlights and neon are foggy and water is inside unfortunately. I am so pumped to have a Mark VIII again. I bought my first one as a 21st birthday present for myself 12 years ago it was a 97 Deep Navy Blue/Gray loaded with chrome 10 spokes.. Time to start making a list of modifications to do!!!!!!

PICT0093.gif

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0097.gif

PICT0090.gif

PICT0111.gif

3n93Mb3N85Kf5F85H9cao45f14307fe421d80.jpg

Hmmm.. its my car with ebony interior. Nice ride!
Now I have a before pictue seeing as I can't seem to find a single one.

VERY nice color combo! But the back wheels are... um, nm.

Grats on the new Mark, she be a beauty! :D

Hmmm.. its my car with ebony interior. Nice ride!
Now I have a before pictue seeing as I can't seem to find a single one.
Glad I could help :) Ebony is nice but it's the Pewter that makes it great. You got good taste in colors!

VERY nice color combo! But the back wheels are... um, nm.

Grats on the new Mark, she be a beauty! :D

I know I know but the after pics will look even better when I look back at the ones from the first day :D

Gonna wait till spring for new wheels but the lsc front will be happening soon.

Look at older posts from my prairie tan. I also converted from base chrome trim to LSC. Its quite the difference. If your chrome parts are decent, save them buy used trim, paint to match & put away your original parts. In the event you want to sell the car, swap back to original & keep your parts for the next Mark.

Members online

No members online now.
Back