F*(K drunk hit my car in my driveway.

That's a tough call. I just had a friend go through the very same thing. His brother wrecked his LS so he went and took it from him. The only damage was the right quarter panel was messed up pretty bad and rear bumper and front fender. The insurance totaled it out and bought it back and fix it out of his pocket. He even pulled the quarter panel out himself, bought a used back bumper and front. In my opinion in your case, you got a lot of work to do with your suspension amongst other things. To me a car is never the same and will not drive the same with that type of damage. Me personally I would take the 7k and part it out and buy another one. Because you would hate to pay that type of money and then after it's fixed, you are in and out of the shop for something not sounding or working right. Just my five cents.

I don't know how the insurance works in the US, here in Canada if any accident where you're not at fault the deductible gets waived, you should confirm that. There has been a lot of fraud up here where the person pays the shop the deductible not knowing the deductible is waved when not at fault.

The worst part is the insurance company might deemed the car a total loss, unfortunately these cars don't hold the value very much, and what you get for it, is not enough to get another car, either way if your covered or not the person not at fault is always at a loss.

The car was working fine it took you from A to B, and now you have to get another car, where the money the insurance company give you is not enough to buy a set of wheels :mad:

that sucks. tell them what you think your car is worth and try and get a check for something around that!

do you have pictures of his car. and another thing i dont have gap insurance and for those of you that do where and how did you get them. just incase this ever happens to me.

do you have pictures of his car. and another thing i dont have gap insurance and for those of you that do where and how did you get them. just incase this ever happens to me.

You can get it added to your loan when you purchase your car or it can be done through your insurance company. If you want GAP through your loan it can only be added for a certain period of time, after that it cannot be added. However, with you insurance I think it can be added each time your policy renews. A lot of the time your loan company will ask you if you want to add GAP insurance to your loan and if you decline you have "X" amount of days to add it.

I just got an estimate from my insurance. $6995 to fix. they say the value of the car is over 10K.
I have not decided if I want to fix it or just take the 7k and then part out it out. What do you guys think?
02LS 83K miles.

get the money man, i thought if the value of the fix is over 50% of the car they will pay out. you car value in edmonds is 9,617 so if they say over 10k then get the buy out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back