F*(K drunk hit my car in my driveway.

JaredLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well my car got hit! while it was in the driveway.
here's the story: about 2am this morning I was up watching a movie, when I heard a thud. I took my flashlight and opened the car garage door and found a car (acura integra) on the side of my driveway pinned against a rock wall. - he had hit my car and was trying to backup and went into the rock wall.
here's some pics:
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6898/img0573w.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8061/img0574z.jpg
-the rest of the car is untouched. aside from the left rear drivers door being bent a little.
he must of missed the stop sign and went right into my driveway at high speed the skid marks stretch for a good while (I'm bad at guessing distances so I won't try)
anyway I shined the flashlight at him and told him not to move and called the cops. He turned out to be drunk and was arrested.
I'm going to get my xenon lights out tom and get a better look at the damage, but what do you guys think? totaled?
also f****** ** * ** ** * ** ** * this sucks, either if it's totaled or not. I liked this car -the way it was- a lot.

i would have straight killed that mother:q:q:q:qer. its hard to see another good
LS go down!

Man, that was a hard hit. If it isn't totaled I feel bad for you. It looks like there is a ton of stuff jacked up under there.

Sorry for your luck.

I don't understand how he could hit you to make it look like that. Did he hit that rear quarter head on or did he more sideswipe it? Oh and yeah I would say I hope he totaled it but if you still owe on it then I hope you have gap coverage.

I don't understand how he could hit you to make it look like that. Did he hit that rear quarter head on or did he more sideswipe it? Oh and yeah I would say I hope he totaled it but if you still owe on it then I hope you have gap coverage.

yeah I guess it does look a little weird with the bumper not breaking up more at the first point of impact. Basically he hit me from the back - swerved a bit and clipped the side.
what's gap? I have collision coverage...but shouldn't his insurance cover it.

dude u should get a new fuhckin car IMO if the LS is totaled. what a fuhckin MOOK who hits a parked car ina driveway. i would deff find out who it is and drive a tractor threw their house. or any large vehicle capable of damaging things and be able to drive away.

Looks totaled to me. You'd be surprised what condition these cars are in when they are deemed total, take it from me lol.

as ive learned from other members on here, gap insurance covers you in case a car you owe money on is totaled (and you owe more than the amount the insurance co reimburses you).

sorry to hear about this.

and just curious, the guy stopped trying to leave after you told him not to move?

Thankfully my car is paid off so I don't need the gap; but I can see how it could suck not having it if you still had an underwater loan.
-I just got off the phone with allstate - since it's no fault no points on my acct. and my deductible is only $400 (which will hopefully be covered by the other guys insurance).
- As far as what the guy did. When I shined the flashlight (one of those flood one's) and told him not to move, he put his hands up. My pops came out and told him to turn of the engine. -At that point we didn't know if the car was inoperable, it turned out it wasn't going nowhere, it had to be pulled out by the tow truck.
I called the cops and told him to stay in the car. He tried to get out of the car, I told him to stay in the car. He then said "help me" "you can help me", I guess referring to not calling the cops. I just told him it's to late and to stay in the car. He stayed in the car till the cops got here. '
funny thing was that I've been keeping my car in the garage for the past two months, but two days ago I thought to myself: my car is dirty, why the hell am I parking it in the garage and decided to leave it in the driveway. but maybe it's for the best...if he wasn't going to hit my car he was prob going to hit my dad's car (which doesn't have collision),
also if it is totaled do they use the kelley blue book prices right? and is that the retail or private?

Waiting for the "It'll buff right out" comment in 3,2,1....:p

I'm guessing totalled, gotta be some frame damage.

please let us know how much insurance you get.. ive always been curious

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE!!! your car was parked in your driveway and he hit it. Hes insurance is 100% liable. If you claim it on your insurance your rate will go up. Contact HIS insurance and demand a replacement right away (weather its payment for the car or a rental).

My Trans am was hit in my driveway a little over a year ago and I called the guys insurance 2 times a day. They got tired of me calling and they wrote me a check in 3 days.

Just because you contact you're insurance doesn't mean your rates go up. My wife's van got hit a few years back (7,000 damage, new driver ran a stop sign) and my ins. co. helped get a rental car and a faster settlement from his insurance.

Yeah, your insurance company must suck. My insurance company harasses their company for me so I don't have to. And if it isn't my fault my rates don't change.

by the way, dibs on the AdvanceTrac computer and alternator!

Yeah, your insurance company must suck. My insurance company harasses their company for me so I don't have to. And if it isn't my fault my rates don't change.

by the way, dibs on the AdvanceTrac computer and alternator!

Is your AdvanceTrac computer broken, or are you planning on a modification to add it. If its the latter, I'd be interested in your plan because i've always wanted the AdvanceTrac option and didnt think a retrofit was possible.

Dibs on the calipers....HAHA

shoulda slammed the drunks head against the steering wheel or car...and you woulda just said he did it to himself :p

Members online

Back