F*(K drunk hit my car in my driveway.

Damn. I think I woulda beat his ass.
Tough call on whether or not that's totaled. Retail value on an 02 v8 is probably 11 grand at best right now. That's probably a good 8 grand worth of damage, which would put it right in the ballpark to be totalled.

yeah ins sucks sometimes. my buddys 01 accord was smashed and the allstate guy said the car was worth 10K. I looked it up 6500 at best, damage was 6300, they fixed it. good luck, oh yeah it should buff out with some meguiars

I just looked again. Thats crazy how your rim got ripped into 2 pieces

"The nina, the pinta the santa maria, I'll do you in the bottom while you drink sangria. Nachos, lemonheads my dads boat, you won't go down cause my d!ck can float. "
:lol:
LongIsland, Wtf is that from!? That's some funny :q:q:q:q right there!

Is your AdvanceTrac computer broken, or are you planning on a modification to add it. If its the latter, I'd be interested in your plan because i've always wanted the AdvanceTrac option and didnt think a retrofit was possible.

The original is broken, I just need a replacement. I would have no clue how to retrofit. I imagine the computer hurdles would make it near impossible.

I just got an estimate from my insurance. $6995 to fix. they say the value of the car is over 10K.
I have not decided if I want to fix it or just take the 7k and then part out it out. What do you guys think?
02LS 83K miles.

Thats like lookin at somebody with a freshly broken leg. Should've pulled him out the car and rubbed his face in it, like when your dog sh!ts on the floor lol.

What's the fix list look like? As far as all the mechanical parts? I mean, you can get a replacement wheel for cheap on ebay, don't know how messed up the driveline is, Looks like it may have been hard enough to even mess up the driveshaft? but probably need to look at the diff/axles, suspension components, need new brake line, caliper, hub, rotor, etc. Maybe you can do some work yourself. And let the body shop do the cosmetic stuff. I mean, you could wind up saving a few grand. If you know how to do the work, that is.

I think you should part it out. But, only becuase I have a specific interest in it :D

I think you should part it out. But, only becuase I have a specific interest in it :D

+1 lol no but seriously, I'd see exactly what is on the list of parts being replaced, because a lot of times it will never be the same car after something like this. On the other hand, if it's not too bad you could take this as an opportunity to upgrade some parts like your brakes, suspension, and your rear end.

I'm going to stop parking in the garage. Starting tonight I'm going to park the car at the end of the driveway. If I can't sell the thing, I might as well hope someone totals it. :D

Mark

After much back and forth and running the numbers I've decided to have the shop fix it.
my decision was sealed when I found out that the tow and storage charges were 650 - which I would have to pay if i wanted to tow it back to my house.

I just got an estimate from my insurance. $6995 to fix. they say the value of the car is over 10K.
I have not decided if I want to fix it or just take the 7k and then part out it out. What do you guys think?
02LS 83K miles.

I want your insurance company. Mine must be worth 15. Hmm....:shifty:

Good luck with the fix!

Dude, total that out. Get another one, that one will never be the same.

Members online

No members online now.
Back