Extremely pissed!

whatsupadrian

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had my car at pepboys because i wanted my tires rotated and they stripped some lugs so they kept my car for a day. So thay gave me a complementary oil change... MOTHERFU*KERS I HAD JUST CHANGED TO MOBILE 1 A WEEK EARLIER AND THEY THREW AWAY MY BRAND NEW K&N OIL FILTER!!!! THEY DIDN'T USE SYNTHETIC EITHER!!! did they just officially F*uck up my car? or do they just owe me $120

whatsupadrian said:
I had my car at pepboys because i wanted my tires rotated and they stripped some lugs so they kept my car for a day. So thay gave me a complementary oil change... MOTHERFU*KERS I HAD JUST CHANGED TO MOBILE 1 A WEEK EARLIER AND THEY THREW AWAY MY BRAND NEW K&N OIL FILTER!!!! THEY DIDN'T USE SYNTHETIC EITHER!!! did they just officially F*uck up my car? or do they just owe me $120
Make them refill it with synthetic and put a good oil filter back on.

yea I would speak to a manager and just tell him what you want. these guys usually dont want to put up fight. If all else fails trash the place

keep you LS away from these kind of places!!!!! remember - you do not see any BMW in a pepboys garage.

Quik LS said:
keep you LS away from these kind of places!!!!! remember - you do not see any BMW in a pepboys garage.

I am more concerned about the effects of going from natural to synthetic to natural again in such a short period of time.

whatsupadrian said:
I am more concerned about the effects of going from natural to synthetic to natural again in such a short period of time.

Doesn't matter. No matter what anybody says the saying about you cant go back to regular once you go sythetic is purely :bsflag: its just a myth

No - Here is what you do - something similar happened to me.

Find out who the DISTRICT manager is. (The Manager's manager.)

Call him and calmly explain what happened. Tell him you dont want to need to take this to a lawyer, but you have always used synthetic oil and the switch isnt good for the engine. Also mention the inconvienance of having to put up with this.

Ask for new K&N, New Oil, New Lugs, etc. + $500 for your aggravation. Press the issue and hold your ground. They'll cave. Just keep the pressure on.

As far as damage, shouldnt be an issue. Just change the oil out - and in a few weeks, do it again to get any residual natural oil out.

Also, If you paid with credit card, call your card company and let them know whats happening. They stand behind you. Like Joeychgo said talk the Manager and try to get satisfaction first. If you don't get it, then call your credit card co. Good luck, thats whay I do all my own work as much as possible. I don't trust anybody. There all CROOKS.... As far as the oil, it won't do any damage if regular oil is in it for a short period of time. Hey think of it as an engine flush.

Yeah there's no need to worry about having some natural oil in the engine. That's what it came with. The idea of changing your oil again soon to get out the rest of the natural oil is just silly - most synthetic oils are blends containing regular oil.

Dutch said:
Yeah there's no need to worry about having some natural oil in the engine. That's what it came with. The idea of changing your oil again soon to get out the rest of the natural oil is just silly - most synthetic oils are blends containing regular oil.

I have a 2004 LS. Didn't it come with synthetic oil?

blended oils are are made under controlled conditions with complementing measurements. I know you shouldnt read everything you read and half of what you hear but I have seen more documentation on why not to mix and 0 documentation eluding to yeah you can. This stuff is formulated not slapped together but if someone can post a reliable doc that supports the unmeasured mixing of the two i would love to read it. TIA

Can different synthetic motor oils be mixed together?

Mobil 1 is fully compatible with conventional motor oils, semi-synthetic motor oils and other synthetic motor oils, should it be necessary to mix them. However, it is important to note that the superior performance of Mobil 1 will be reduced by diluting it in any way.
Makes me feel a lot better...BTW, they are giving me back mobile 1 and another K&N oil filter. They said they cant send me money aside from crediting me back for the tire rotation, but they offered me tranny flush, and plugs...

I don't really care about the tranny flush or plugs but i am just happy i got my oil back and my expensive filter everything will be fine

I'd go one better... get the tranny flush and tell them you have already converted it over to Mobil Synthetic tranny lube... See if they will flush and give you a refill with good fluid. What the heck, might as well make out on the deal!

well they are short articles but the pont is there. The shell article certain states syn and conven are mixable.

Members online

Back