Exhaust help

That is sound advice....get it... i know that was horrible.
I'd go true dual with straight pipe all the way but ive read a few times that the x pipe is needed to balance it somehow. If i go straight from the manifolds to magnaflows whats the downfall with no x pipe?

Has any used the 5x8x14" magnaflows. The rep says they are moderate to aggressive. Also said the 18" may not be agreesive enough on acceleration . Thanks for the help im wantong to order these today.

:bash:you still have true duals with x pipe, h pipe .its a phrase you still at no point go into one pipe.they are needed to add a little low end torque evening the exhaust floooowwwwww.its always the argument, sacrifice a little low end torque for high end hp.

Don't you love us hard headed know nothings, we will learn someday.....
.I definitely want the low end torque. So looks like I will stick with my first idea x pipe and 2 14 inch magnaflows. Thanks

Here are the mufflers I run. They tuck PERFECTLY underneath the rear bumper. Check out that price too. You can't beat it for a stainless muffler that sounds good.

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=335

On my car:
vicmeetlincoln2.jpg

Here's a crappy video of the exhaust with kooks headers, x-pipe, and 2.5" piping. Trust me, it sounds way better in person rather than on a crappy camera phone, lol. It's a compilational video but you can get an idea at the beginning and then at the end when I fly by.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHotrodlincoln?blend=8&ob=5#p/u/13/TDYQuL7PM2w

Not telling anyone what to run, just telling you what I run. ;)

vicmeetlincoln2.jpg

so many guy have just took there mufflers off? iam not a lincoln expert but wouldnt this sound like raspy ass?

I did this before my exhaust mods, and yes it sounded like sh it. Some may think it sounds good, but then again some have never driven a Mark VIII with a quality set of mufflers and headers either. The difference is night and day (obviously).

So i picked up a set of the 4x9x14 simply cause they were in stock and i wanted them today though itll be a long time before they go on. I got the 2.5" magnaflow and will order the x online cause its so much cheaper. I know i should order the 2.5 x and run all new pipe but ill ask anyway. Should i just stick to the 2.25 since ill never get headers for it? Will the 2.5 pipe increase anything if its only from the x pipe back or just not .

So i picked up a set of the 4x9x14 simply cause they were in stock and i wanted them today though itll be a long time before they go on. I got the 2.5" magnaflow and will order the x online cause its so much cheaper. I know i should order the 2.5 x and run all new pipe but ill ask anyway. Should i just stick to the 2.25 since ill never get headers for it? Will the 2.5 pipe increase anything if its only from the x pipe back or just not .

I would go 2.5" Even without headers, the benefit is there. The 4-valves love to breathe. Losing the resonator and placing an x-pipe in its place will help you out too. Do eeet! ;)

Members online

Back