Everyones Favorite Lincoln and Cadillac.

Conti94

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am just curious to know what everyone's favorite Lincoln is and what everyone's favorite Cadillac is regardless of which you own or prefer.

Favorite's:
Lincoln:1957 Lincoln Mark II, Has to be Burgandy over matching Burgandy and White leather interior. OH YEAH! :D :steering

Cadillac:1980 Cadillac Eldorado coupe, silver over grey leather, Very Nice. :steering

This is too easy...

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC(yeah, the HID equpped model) w/ 4.6L DOHC V8:N

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance(used to own one) w/ 500 Cu.In. V8

1979 Lincoln Mark V with slider. You don't drive that car, you point it. LOL.

On the Caddy side, it has to be the '98 STS. Smooth, fast, comfortable. Only problem is the FWD. I just can't stand it. Can't wait to drive some of the new RWD Caddies to see what they are made of.

my favorite Lincoln...ummm....the LS (i have driven it too much and I am loving it!)....favorite cadillac...I am liking the XLR alot

caddy... probably a CTS :drool: :) (didn't really like 'em at first, but they've grown on me)

Lincoln.... a 93 mark :p :D (either that or the cont. concept.... soooo hot)

Hmmmmm....

Caddy would have to be the CTS-V

Linc would have to be ANY Mark II.....they are B.e.a.utiful (what movie is that from.......just leave out the periods.....but say it the way it is....again....without the periods?)

Best Lincoln and Cadillac

Old School Cadillac would be the 1967 Eldorado or the Big Fleetwood's of the 1970's.

New School Cadillac would be a 1996 Dark Blue Fleetwood Brougham with gold trim and the wire wheels.

Old School Lincoln would be a 1979 Collectors Series Contential, "Town Car"
Dark Blue with gold trim.

New school Lincoln would tie with two.
1-1995 Town Car Cartier
or 2003 Carter L.

I would love to have all of these cars.

you dont drive that car you point it
lol, so true. I felt that way driving my '79 Lincoln

As for favorite lincoln thats easy:
'79 Continental Town Car Collectors Series.
Also like the '79 Town Coupe (used to own one and loved it)

As for cadillac.
Im not terribly familer with caddys but I have to say I absolutly love my uncles 66 fleetwood that he owns. I liked the early and mid 70's fleetwoods also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howyadoin,

Favorite Cadillac: Can't get that specific..
Favorite "classic" Caddy; '59 Eldorado Biarritz convertible.
Favorite "contemporary" Caddy; XLR

Favorite Lincoln: '67 Continental sedan, robin's egg blue with suicide doors. The barber pole speedo was wild...

-Rav

I'm not sure which one it is, but my favorite lincoln has got to be that one the'yre going to replace the new thunderbirds with? I think it's the Mark X or something. My favorite Caddy has got to be a sixteen, but within reason, I really dig the new tribute edition Devilles :)

They havent announced a new mark is even being planned really - there has been 2 concepts --the mark IX and mark X - but there is a similarity between the 2 mark concepts, the current thunderbird and even the Jaguar concept. Maybe a platform is being developed for all these cars.

2004tbird (Medium).jpg

Lincoln-Mark-X-Concept-side-125 (Medium).jpg

mk9_ext_2_big (Medium).jpg

320-Jaguar-RD-6-Concept-FA-Brick (Medium).jpg

Cadillac CTS-V...

Lincoln Mark VIII's (preferably first generation), and VII's... I'm totally hooked to the site of a real pimped out Mark VIII...

363058_7_full.jpg

363058_9_full.jpg

...I'd eventually like mine to look like that someday... :eek:

P.S. Anybody know of any good methods of "dechroming" a MK8 without repainting the whole car?

For me my favorite Lincolns and Cadillacs are listed below
Old School Lincoln: 65 Lincoln Continental Convertible 4 door
New School : Mark VIII LSC 97 and newer or Lincoln LS V-8
Old School Caddy: 76 Eldorado Convertible
New School: XLR / 05 STS
here is a picture of my car what do you guys think?

DTS PICTURES 014.jpg

jdlmkviii said:
Cadillac CTS-V...

Lincoln Mark VIII's (preferably first generation), and VII's... I'm totally hooked to the site of a real pimped out Mark VIII...

363058_7_full.jpg

363058_9_full.jpg

...I'd eventually like mine to look like that someday... :eek:

P.S. Anybody know of any good methods of "dechroming" a MK8 without repainting the whole car?

That is Tim Thoma's old car.
That was a carbon copy of the TerminVIIIor, he was a good customer.

It's identical to the TerminVIIIor except for those wheels, (it HAD my Cobra R's before) and my wing is intergrated and my rill is a one off while his was just painted black.

tag1.jpg

lmstagnew12.jpg

My Favorites . .

My favorites follow:

Lincoln:
Gen 2 Mark VIII LSC's

Cadillac:
Eldorado ETC (whatever style the 1998's are)

I really love the Lincoln Mark VIII's . . . I had my choice for just about any car I wanted (okay, trying to keep it under $30k) and I chose to buy a used Mark VIII LSC last month. It had just 46,912 miles and the price to performance with the luxury factor to me was unbeatable ($9600 for a stock 15.42 sec car that is considered a luxury vehicle - - KEWL!).

Since the day I saw the ad with the Mark VIII going under the I-beam I was hooked. So 1993 Mark VIII is my favorite Lincoln. The late 90's STS Caddy is my other favorite.

Favorite Caddy- Its between the Cts-v, a 1965 Deville Conv., or my 1998 Eldorado.
Favorite Lincoln- most of the early 70s lIncolns i like.

I almost forgot. I dig the 66 Lincoln with the suicide rear doors. I would LOVE to have one of those.....like the one in 'The Matrix'.

Fav lincoln has to be a 1999 TC. I have wanted one for SOOOOO long, and now that I have 2 jobs, I WILL have one!! Favorite cad has to be a late 90s Seville or STS. Not to "pimpish" or "boatish" but big and fast.

Favorite Lincoln ...... 56 Mark II Convertible

Favorite Caddy.... 59 Eldorado Convertible

Talk about beautiful "Luxobarges" , cars with style and grace ..

Im a boat fan so im a little out of the pack here

Favorite lincoln - 1989 towncar and 96 towncar cartier

Favorite Cadillac - 1991 fleetwood brougham d'elegance 350 with added efi and 97 and newer deville (it reminds me of what the towncar should be)

My favorite Lincoln is the '69-'71 Mark III with a naked roof. The factory discouraged the vinyl delete because they had to do a lot more work to finish the seam in the sail panel.

The 1956-57 Continental Mark II was not a Lincoln!!!

I really liked the last Eldo convertible.

Barry

1956 Continental Mark II convertible
340096_106.jpg

Members online

Back