Even the 98's are getting cheap

marked8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was cruising Ebay and found these for cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...oryZ6305QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-L...oryZ6305QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am incredibly suspicious about this following auction, he claims $4,000 buy it now with only 35K on the clock. He has a feedback rating of 1 and it is a pre approved auction. Might be a Nigerian scammer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...oryZ6305QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well---- You Know It Is About Getting To Be That Time..like Everything Else..i Saw In The Book Value On Our 98's..it About Between $7k To $3k..depending On The Condition Of Course...shessh I Got Mine For Like Over 13k 4 Yrs Ago...at 50k By A Dealer...so..thats Why I Say Take Care Of The Mark..repect It As If Were Yourself!!!..you Might Not Loose That Much Value..when The Time Comes That The Cars Are Gonna Be Cheeeeep..

Imho..when Im Ready To Buy A Car And Keep It For As Long As I Can,and Love It Like I Love My Mark..lol..you Better Be Damn Happy And Do Ur Research Before Making That Purchase..tooo Many People Are Complaining..and Too Many "crap Cars" Are Being Made...so Go Figure..i Guess I Can Say Aswell..we're Lucky To Have Had The Oppertunity Experiancing A Fine Car.

that LSC(red one) is a really nice car. I would buy it if i needed a car.

...what Bothers Me Is The Chrome Around The Lights On Both...so Correct Me If Im Wrong Isnt That One The Base Model For That Yr ???

First One Isnt Bad...
The Second One..rrrk...i Cant Stand Tan Interior On Drk Colord Cas...drk W/ Drk..light W/ Light!
(oops...sorry If I Offended Anyone Who Has Any Of Those.)

I called the dealer on the Red LSC, they want a credit card they can hold $4000 on - I dont think so.

I asked if there were records, no . Heater work,(see if blend door actuator is broke)? 'dont know it is summer'. I also told him the rims were backwards. They did not about such things...

Great deal on the price but I would have to really see this one in person before buying. We have quite a few member sin NJ so if some was was truly interested I am sure we could get someone to grab a peek.

and yes the red one is hotter the the first 2 up there.. just tint the windows,throw some music in there...and your sittin pretty!

but what blows for me ..uhhhh the tan interior!!!rrrrr!!!...only if the interior was black!..that car would be one bad bittchh then..uhhomg the miles too! i would pay anything for it if it looked like that!

IMHO, that red Mark is a SCAM. Watch OUT!

There is never a need to hold a bid with a deposit on this type of transaction, and if you do, you know what they say about fools and their money....

here's the deal - the dealer was too cheap to pay for a real "buy it now" option on that auction. so they ask you to buy it now outside of ebay. Which is sketchy.

I have been poking around looking for a cheaper mark 8 for a couple of months and I have noticed one thing. the only ones that retain their value are the black ones. All other colors seem to be cheaper for some reason, regardless of year or option package. Sucks for me, I want a black one.

chriswells78 said:
the only ones that retain their value are the black ones. All other colors seem to be cheaper for some reason, regardless of year or option package.
Good to know.

i also contacted the red 98 sketchy person.

NJ plates on a car in NY

I ran the Vin, no data since '03, when it has 34k

could be legit, I might go check it out

I am constantly watching for the right deal to show up, whether it be a Gen 1 or a Gen 2.

I emailed the guy about the red 98 and told him i would fly in to ny and pay cash for the car but he wont take it. Stay away from this guy. It seems like the more people talk about him the more sketchy his story gets.

lol, his name is Bogdan Grigorescu

"Hello,
I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The price that I want to obtain is $4,000 (including shipping and insurance charges). The price is considerably lower then others on the market because I need to sell it really fast.
The car has all the services done at the dealership. The vehicle was never crashed, abused or raced. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!. The vehicle is currently located in Bronx NY but unfortunately I am in Miami FL, planning to open a business here and I don't think I can come sooner then next month. However I can arrange for the paperwork from here and I can talk to a shipping company to deliver the vehicle to your address.
I think it's impossible to buy a vehicle for such a big amount without having an inspection first. So I had a look on eBay and I saw they could help us with this. Since the transaction worth a lot of money they've suggested to make the deal only through eBay so that we won't have any problems.
If you decide to buy all the papers are ready,just needed to be signed by you.
If you decide not to buy for a serious reason(of course after the inspection) then you can just ask the shipping company to send it back to my address with no extra cost(shipping is payed in advance by me).I think this is the fastest,safest and most fair solution we can have.
If you are interested to purchase the vehicle please provide me the following information's:
-your full name and address for shipping
-your phone #
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next hours with details about your purchase.
Thank you,
Bogdan Grigorescu"

Im going to mess with him :p

there is a doctor from the bronx by that very name,it may be a doctors car,and maybe he is just a little weird compared to our way of thinking,i thought scam until i googled his name (bogdan blash blah and ny) .

he may be a doctor trying to raise funds for his miami business,
or he is out to screw us,:D

Moes8 said:
he may be a doctor trying to raise funds for his miami business,
or he is out to screw us,:D

Get a clue. This is a very popular scam. They run your card, the cash is gone. You cry to your credit card company to recover your loss. You probably will not get it. Worse, you probably also give them your 3 digit number on the back of the card and they are off to the races to steal your identity.

My friend bought a snowmobile in a similar way. He was supposed to send a western union payment. He did, In his brothers name. They printed up a fake id and claimed the money.

Anybody that is looking for a free lunch deserves to get burned.:mad:

You've been warned.

One more thing, if you email the guy, he'll steal your ebay id and start listings under your name. That is why they want pre-approved bidders. To steal your ID.

i believe the scam art,just found it intersting that the car is in the bronx,and there is a doctor with that strange name in the bronx,
i dont need a clue,i never would buy a car unseen on ebay.so no worries here.

Dr. Bogdan Grigorescu
111 East 210th Street,
Bronx, New York (NY)

Moes8 said:
i
i dont need a clue,i never would buy a car unseen on ebay.so no worries here.

i think this is a scam, but I have bought cars sight unseen on ebay, as has my father. My Mark VIII was sight unseen, on ebay, in another country.....

The aution ended with 0 bids. Apparently everyone recognized it as a scam.

MonsterMark said:
One more thing, if you email the guy, he'll steal your ebay id and start listings under your name. That is why they want pre-approved bidders. To steal your ID.

And they steal your eBay ID... how?

I'm selling my '97 for $4400.
just got it out of the shop, $530 bucks=

new water pump, thermostat, idler pulley, driver's outter door handle, and the alternator and battery are less than a month old.

116k on the clock and still runs strong!

that first '98 in those eBay listings is the same color as my car, except i have nicer rims and the parchment interior.

Members online

No members online now.
Back