Electrical Connector?

About right, but there should be eight round purple dots, one for each fuel injector. Also, what about the RFI caps?

Joeger, correct there should be 8 purple dots but due to overlaps I only showed 1 on each side but noted there should be 4 on each side. So what are the RFI caps? First I am hearing about them.

...So what are the RFI caps? First I am hearing about them.

Yes, there are a number of splices on that node. One splice splits it between the two banks, then there is a splice near each coil. Also note that it runs to two (one on each bank) RFI suppression capacitors. These are not under the coil covers. They are up at the intake manifold on each side. They ground through two of the intake manifold mounting bolts. Wire colors are Green/blue, Green/light blue, Green/yellow, Green/red, Green/black, Green/white, and Green/orange.

Also I am new to forums how do I do a quote thing?

See that "+ Quote" tag in the lower right of each post...

See that "+ Quote" tag in the lower right of each post...
Thanks, cap is abbreviated for capacitors. Sorry, had not gotten my coffee yet. Are the RFI's the little single gray plugs just before the COP's. I noticed they also ohm'd when I tested them. If so, I did highlight them in the diagram as well.

Hey guys wanted to give an update. With Joegr's help we were able to rewire the c140 plug correctly and all is working great now. The car is a beast and has been running great. I wanted to share my deep appreciation for everyone that has helped. Each has had valuable input on this project and because of your efforts the kid now has a great car just in time for his birthday. The confidence he has gained by working with me through the repair process is immeasurable. Today guys give yourself a little pat on the back. You have helped teach another man to fish and now he is reeling them in.

Glad to hear it. We all need a little help now and then. Spread it around...

If anyone is in need of a Gen1 or Gen 2 harness I do have one of each. The Gen 1 is brand new the Gen 2 is used but in good condition. Since we ended up rewiring just the c140 connector we ended up not needing either of the harnesses. Happy to sell at cost just to recover what we have in them.

Members online

Back