Electrical Connector?

04_Sport_Ls, A good woman and kids both have a way of taming a wild horse. Now I walk into the light and my dark shadows stay behind. God has blessed me and now it is time to pass that forward.

Same here... and AMEN!!! However... I think I was a bit of a slower learner. Hope you are getting the kids involved in the LS project. " Hands on " gives more of an appreciation.

04_Sport_LS, my kids are grown and gone. Had them early as part of that wild youth. The kid I am helping though definitely involved. I would help but he had to be hands on cause he needed to have some ownership.

Joeger, it may be all he needs. All we see damaged so far is c140 and the 4 driver side coil main line chewed through. Not sure yet really. We are going to give it one more go at a rewire first.

Last edited:
If that picture and description (fits both generations) are accurate, then it is not the complete on-engine harness (though it may be the only part of it that he needs).
Yeah I am not 100% sure of what all it covers I have not been back home to see the one I ordered but I will try to get my wife to take a few pics of what you would get if you ordered that one. She is back at home and I am still out of town so I can get them pictures later tonight or first thing in the AM.

Hey DaleGrib, no worries on it. I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the link to the part. I think new was the way to go given the brittle nature of all the plastic connections.

When I get the part I am going to lay it out straight and get a picture and upload for the next poor guy in our position. If I have time and can figure it out I will try to label each connector and what it goes to. Joeger or someone else may have access to a schematic. I have a 2005 Lincoln LS V6. Never have I had such a problem finding reference material for a car model.

Took it to diagnostic today and it ran 8 different codes all containing the word circuit in one way or another and 3 codes on misfire. Sounds like all of that is likely related to electric. Here is a list of codes: P0358, P0403, P0622, P1000, P0020, P0135, P0155, P0300, P0303, P0304

I noticed when I was checking the coils one clip was broken and it now sputters. Likely all those misfires is my guess.

Been an interesting project for a mechanically inclined non-mechanic.

For humor I am including the auto I use when I go shopping.

IMG_4534.JPG

Last edited:
Hey DaleGrib, no worries on it. I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the link to the part. I think new was the way to go given the brittle nature of all the plastic connections.

When I get the part I am going to lay it out straight and get a picture and upload for the next poor guy in our position. If I have time and can figure it out I will try to label each connector and what it goes to. Joeger or someone else may have access to a schematic. I have a 2005 Lincoln LS V6. Never have I had such a problem finding reference material for a car model.

Took it to diagnostic today and it ran 8 different codes all containing the word circuit in one way or another and 3 codes on misfire. Sounds like all of that is likely related to electric. Here is a list of codes: P0358, P0403, P0622, P1000, P0020, P0135, P0155, P03000, P0303, P0304

I noticed when I was checking the coils one clip was broken and it now sputters. Likely all those misfires is my guess.

Been an interesting project for a mechanically inclined non-mechanic.

For humor I am including the auto I use when I go shopping.

View attachment 828571290
* P0358 Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
* P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction
* P0622 Generator Field "F" Control Circuit Malfunction
* P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete
* P0020 "A" Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 2)
* P0135 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
* P0155 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
* P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected I assume you meant P0300 and not P03000
* P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

If the wires are that jacked up it's gonna be hard to troubleshoot it till the wires are all fixed.

Hey DaleGrib, no worries on it. I went ahead and ordered it. ... I have a 2005 Lincoln LS V6. Never have I had such a problem finding reference material for a car model...

It seems very likely that the V8 harness won't work on the V6... But I guess you were talking about a different car.

It seems very likely that the V8 harness won't work on the V6... But I guess you were talking about a different car.
Yeah I think he said he is working on the 2005 v8 for the other guy and he himself has the v6.

P0106 is MAP sensor out of range. The MAP sensor is built into the EGR valve assembly. It could be electrical (wiring), the EGR assembly, or the plastic vacuum tube running to it. (Those crack if you look at them wrong.) Note that EGR power does go through C140 (pin 2 - green/black)

The small connector in the picture is C139, and the larger one is C140.

The green/blue wire at pin 2 of C139 is power to the heater for the driver's side O2 sensors.
The green/blue wire at pin 10 of C140 is power to the heater for the passenger's side O2 sensors.
Power comes from fuse 11 under the hood.

The green/blue wire at pin 7 of C140 is power to the COPs (Coil-On-Plug). It is fed by fuse 12.

The green/blue wire at pin 9 of C140 is power to the VCT solenoids.
The green/blue wire at pin 12 of C140 is power to the fuel injectors.
Power comes from fuse 5.
Hey Joe I just checked out a 2006 LS V8 And I’m looking at buying it in a few weeks and from what I saw the present owner took this plastic tubes off due to cracked plastic ...anyway He plugged up the holes temporarily but has all the plastic air tubes in the trunk ...my Question is do you know off the top of your head if Ford/Lincoln still sell them? I was getting a P0106 code when I put the scanner on her this weekend?

Hey joegr or DaleGrib (or any others with input). So I am getting the new wiring harness. It is a bit intimidating I will admit. I was wondering is there a list anywhere of what each of the connectors are and what they connect to. When I get the harness I am going to lay it out as flat as possible and attempt to catalog each with a photoshop image if possible to help others who may need it. The kid I am helping with this project is going to help me document the entire process if all goes well. In the end it may be a full on tutorial with color pics.

Thanks 04_Sport_LS, I am going to use painters tape and numerically label all the connected and connector pieces as well as the new harness. I only know the name of a few connections/components so I think this will make it easy for me to simply connect the dots when we are putting on the new harness. I am in the middle of remodeling also so I have plenty of this tape laying around.

For my own curiosity and in the event to help others who may find themselves in the process I would like to know what the actual connections are called as well as to what they actually connect to in terms of components.

I will post the picture of the new all laid out flat wire harness later today showing each connection and then we can start a little game of match the connector. If admin will allow I will offer a small prize.

Schematics are great but for the layman like me they can be hard to read and understand based on orientation. I am mechanically inclined but also mechanically illiterate. Pics I find to be really helpful as well as video.

Alright guys and gals invite your friends. The person who submits the most connections win. If admin allows I am providing a cool little prize. So here is the game based on the picture:

Name each connector by number 1-32 and what it connects to in an individual post.
For example
C139 where in pictures and what it connects to?
New Post:
C140 where and what?
Etc.

To play the game correctly you need to post each connector in its OWN posting here in this thread. At the end I can count up the total number of posts and find out who submitted most and first. Once a winner is determined and announced they can PM me their mail details and I will send them a token prize.

Good luck, game on.

2005 Lincoln LS V8 Top Engine Wire Harness.jpg

Alright guys and gals invite your friends. The person who submits the most connections win. If admin allows I am providing a cool little prize. So here is the game based on the picture:

Name each connector by number 1-32 and what it connects to in an individual post.
For example
C139 where in pictures and what it connects to?
New Post:
C140 where and what?
Etc.

To play the game correctly you need to post each connector in its OWN posting here in this thread. At the end I can count up the total number of posts and find out who submitted most and first. Once a winner is determined and announced they can PM me their mail details and I will send them a token prize.

Good luck, game on.

View attachment 828571312
Should be interesting though. I already recognize 90 - 95% of the connections.
#14=fuel injector 1 #15= fuel injector 2 #16= fuel injector 3 #17= fuel injector 4 #19= fuel injector 5, #20=fuel injector 6, #21=fuel injector 7 #23=fuel injector 8 is this the format you want?

#18 and the connnector not marked with a # by the #13 fuel injector connector is the EMI suppression cap

Members online

No members online now.
Back