EGR pipe bypass

seionkelley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was about to install my 98 transmission in my 94 mark viii and I noticed that the egr pipe was split. Can I cap both ports and use a EGR eliminator switch to prevent a check engine light? I bypassed the egr on my mustang when I installed the new head and the egr eliminator and it worked fine.... Can this happen with the 94 Mark VIII? Please help, the subdivision wants my car off the jackstands ASAP.
Thanks
Kelley

I would just fix the EGR tube while the trans is out and it's easy to get to. That's just me though. Tell the subdivision to donate some money or stfu. :)

Put it up on blocks for a day and then back on stands the next day. Keep swapping it up so they can't say it's been on stands for weeks.

Isn't there a new type (stronger) pipe available from Ford? I think there is... I'd get and install that. You don't really want to lose EGR.

Fine with, Fine without...With error codes, Without error codes...hmmmmm...seems like egr deleted isn't worth it

A new pipe P/N f4lz-9d477-ab is 140.00 and LVC is 109.20 plus shipping.

Thank you for the order Seion. Your tube has shipped. I will pm the tracking number.

Members online

No members online now.
Back