EGR flow insuffiecent

the EGR hoses connect to the throttle body (that's how the recirculated exhaust gases get back into the incoming air) and the little machined orifices were partially clogged.

This is not correct. the EGR valve is mounted into the intake manifold directly - no hose.

Are you sure you were not talking about the PCV tubes?

Well when my CEL came back on I had the code checked to make sure it was the same code. Ironcly the code had changed from EGR flow insufficient to EGR flow excessive. I started looking for some lose tubes or bolts. The egr valve appeared to be lose from the manifold. I pulled it off replaced the gasket and tightened back on as tight as I could. Car now feels fixed and drives fixed and IS fixed. CEL is gone for about 150 miles. That plus a free tune from an unlocked LIVEWIRE and my car drives great. Thanks for all the help.

how in the hell do you get the egr valve off??

i took the 2 bolts or screws out...i've tried twisting it off but it seems like its stuck forever...

please help asap!!!

yep - common issue - the exhuast crap seizes it all up.

Use a 'big' wrench. If that does not work - use PB Blaster.

Do not use WD40 - the silicon in it is not sensor safe.

hmmmm... Sounds like a perfect job for a BFH!!!!!!!!! then do an EGR delete so you dont have to worry about the damage done to sensors.

think of the baby seals.

plus you have to knock out the EGR with SCT our it will throw a CEL...

Just to add to this, while doing valve cover gaskets and replacing the PCV hoses (what a PITA), I damaged my EGR valve gasket while removing the EGR from the manifold and when it was back together I began getting this CEL Code. A new EGR Valve Gasket fixed my CEL.

In case anyone hits this on a search.....
For my '02 V8 w/ 150k, I did a ton of work a few weeks ago. The bracket that the EGR valve mounts onto - sits between the valve and the intake - has a tube that extends into the intake. Mine was almost entirely clogged with gunk. Some Simple Green and elbow grease cleaned it up.
So, clean the EGR AND the mounting bracket. Take it off the intake to clean it.....

Boy do I feel dumb....

I couldn't for some reason find this post earlier when I was looking for egr solutions....but thanks to all of you, I know now that I probably bought an egr valve that I didn't need, from now on I'll ask you guys first you seem to know what's up. And hopefully I do not need to replace the egr selonoid....I hope someone can help me out with that....and that I am doing OK with how I am attempting to fix my car.
Thank you,
Jennifer

2012-09-02_15-01-16_100.jpg

Okay I feel bad bringing up this topic again but I need help.
Today I had to remove my Throttle body and the manifold that it connects to so I can replace some coolant components and the Thermostat housing.
when I was removing the parts the 3 way little Vacuum lines attached to the EGR and the manifold crumbled.
By chance does any one know the part name/number or where i can get one from. I been searching the net for the past 2 hours with no luck. Any positive input would be appreciated. Thanks

As seen in the picture the broken red tubes are what i'm talking about.

2012-09-02_15-01-16_100.jpg

Okay I feel bad bringing up this topic again but I need help.
Today I had to remove my Throttle body and the manifold that it connects to so I can replace some coolant components and the Thermostat housing.
when I was removing the parts the 3 way little Vacuum lines attached to the EGR and the manifold crumbled.
By chance does any one know the part name/number or where i can get one from. I been searching the net for the past 2 hours with no luck. Any positive input would be appreciated. Thanks

As seen in the picture the broken red tubes are what i'm talking about.

Can't get them. Go to NAPA or your local parts store and get the same size vacuum line and some connectors. I used the old connections and attached the new vacuum line to that.

Holy old thread. I saw a response from Quick and thought that he was posting again, then I saw the date....

Members online

No members online now.
Back