East coast/ Mid Atlantic folks: $700 97 base

just talked to the guy. I may go down tomorrow or friday to check it out.

He said that he bought the car off a woman who told him that the fuel pump was bad. He brought the car home and pulled a fuel line and energized the pump and said it had fuel pressure. The car cranks but doesn't start? He said he has too many cars and needs to sell a few so this one is going. New tires all around,no roof or heated seats. Looks like a 5-$600 car. It's 3 hours from me but my buddy and I (with his flatbed) may go down and check it out.

He said that he bought the car off a woman who told him that the fuel pump was bad. He brought the car home and pulled a fuel line and energized the pump and said it had fuel pressure. The car cranks but doesn't start? He said he has too many cars and needs to sell a few so this one is going. New tires all around,no roof or heated seats. Looks like a 5-$600 car. It's 3 hours from me but my buddy and I (with his flatbed) may go down and check it out.

More than likely the crank position sensor is bad (or dirty) or cutoff switch tripped. Don't tell him that though, it is a very simple fix. If the paint and interior are good with no rust it suddenly turns into a $2,000-$2500 car with a half hour of work. I would go and get it, fix it and flip it for a nice profit.

More than likely the crank position sensor is bad (or dirty) or cutoff switch tripped. Don't tell him that though, it is a very simple fix. If the paint and interior are good with no rust it suddenly turns into a $2,000-$2500 car with a half hour of work. I would go and get it, fix it and flip it for a nice profit.

I was thinking the same thing;)

anyone get this car. im looking to pick it up for the dad. did the phone number work?

Wonder if he checked how much fuel pressure? When mine quit starting I thought it was the fuel pump "weak" or something, if that's even possible. It pumped a little gas but obviously not enough to fire up. When we dropped the tank, we found one of the little screws rusted and broken on the plastic mounting plate where the lines go to the pump. The pump turned out to be running fine, just didn't have a good seal.

So he checks the fuel pump but did he check the fuel pump fuse? I am also surprised if he didnt check the CPS or CPK. You know he will take $500

Members online

Back