Drooool

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After countless emails and phonecalls I FINALLY got a picture of the headers for the LS/Tbird... Im getting them.. I dont care what any of you have to say, Im gettting them, they are my next mod..

LSheaders.jpg

for MAYBE 15 hp? damn.... My uncle told me if I bought headers for my car to never ask him to do it because "it looks like a total B!TCH"

are you sure those are the headers for an LS?

last time I looked - we used short manifolds and the cats came down from the engine bay. Looks like these are either not for an LS or you pull your cats.

The O2 sensors are plumed into the top of the cat....

CAT.jpg

I dont think those are gunnna fit our car.

Im waiting for a response on the catalytic converter delete and O2 provision's/extensions. They have an EGR pipe with it tho! :shifty:

I think Im one of the only people that hasnt gotten a tune for my car yet.. :rolleyes:

This may be a stupid question but why would you want to block the EGR?

if you do not have one....

States that have an emissions test - like Texas - I can only have two (of 12) sensors in a 'not ready' state. None in a 'failed' state.

So, without an EGR - the PCM would throw a code and I would 'fail' the EGR test. By blocking it in the PCM (tell it this car does not have a EGR) I do not 'fail' but the EGR test comes back 'not ready'.

The EVAP test is always the last test to come ready, so if you have any other test in 'not ready' you always have the EVAP as well - hence my two.

I'm thinking the TCI streetfighter gives the XCal a run for it's money though.

not even close. the TC is a good mod, but no where near the flexibility and gains of a tune.

for flexibility, yes. Do you think 1/4 mile times improve the same between a tune or the TC?

Id find out tomorrow if it stops raining up here.. The LS feels a lot different with the TCI in it, hell I chirped going into second the other day which before the tc swap I couldnt get the slightest bit of spin leaving the line in first gear.. The only times I havent gotten both wheels to spin was in the rain. I deffinetely think the TCI can give the SCT a $ for $ match E/T wise but I still have yet to do the SCT so I dont really have a clue but at the same time, nobody else has done a higher stall torque converter so..

for flexibility, yes. Do you think 1/4 mile times improve the same between a tune or the TC?

Yes - working the shift points, shift firmness, hp and torque gains - will be better than the higher stall.

higher stall - good mod. balance the gains against money and time (which depending on your skill and tools is more money).

Yes - working the shift points, shift firmness, hp and torque gains - will be better than the higher stall.

higher stall - good mod. balance the gains against money and time (which depending on your skill and tools is more money).

Sorry but I cant agree with you. With how heavy this car is and how much of a slug it is off the line I really think the converter is a better mod, granted its not track proven yet but Ive done a pretty fair amount of racing to recognize a difference in performance.

The converter has upped the firmness of the shifts as well and their might be a small gain in hp/tq with the new converter, nothing has been proven yet. If this thing 60's better the e/t's will be down, thats a given.

If anything they amount to the same gains at the track, hopefully Ill be able to find out before the season ends.

well of course that's what you'll say.

not peeing on your efforts, in fact, it is good to see someone trying new things. You should be commended for trying them.

but facts are facts.

So wait let me get this straight, your saying the tune is going to be a better mod and you have yet to do a torque converter, and Im saying the exact opposite. Neither of us can really be sure now can we until I get this thing to the track correct?

And yea Im not bashing on you either but neither one of us should really be saying which is better until track times are presented and compared. But by all means if you wanna keep saying the SCT tune is better Ill argue with you all night :D

Members online

Back