drivers seat track repair

F_R_O_G

LVC Member
Reaction score
my drivers seat track isn't moving, I can hear the motor running but no movement. I was able to move the seat forward by rotating the shaft with the sprockets on it but I can't move it back. some kind of lock maybe?

is there a way to bypass the lock? has anyone taken one apart to fix the track? I can't spend $150-400 for a new seat track.

There was a write up, I think on here, where one guy took his seat motors out, cleaned them and reinstalled them and they worked like new.
my drivers seat track isn't moving, I can hear the motor running but no movement. I was able to move the seat forward by rotating the shaft with the sprockets on it but I can't move it back. some kind of lock maybe?

is there a way to bypass the lock? has anyone taken one apart to fix the track? I can't spend $150-400 for a new seat track.

I don't think i have that problem of the motor not working. I can hear the motor running so I'm thinking the gears are loose or worn. alternately I could just move it back but i don't have any idea how to unlock it

fairly easy to repair, not sure why more people don't do it when a used track is $200.

didn't even need new gears

don't have any good pics, but I fallowed the directions in the links. I found a punch to be the best way to remove the rivets. I found the gear coming off of the motor the be worn so i replaced it with the same gear from another location in the assy. I can move back and forth now but i can't move the seat up and down in the back. I didn't put one of the motors back correctly but I was able to catch it before i got to far. be sure to test the motors before you put everything back together

Members online

No members online now.
Back