door sagging whats the best fix?

STANKNLINCOLN

LVC Member
Reaction score
the door on my 95 is sagging.when open its about a inch lower then it should be.can i shim it?weld it?also handle is falling out.any tips?

i have the option of getting a door off a 98 out of a salvage yard.would that be easier?its a different color,so i would have to come out of pocket for that too unless i swap the hinges.idk

Does the door actually drop when you open it? Open the door, grab it and see if you can move it up and down. If you can you need to replace the hinges

Since the hinges are not servicable, you have to replace them as a complete unit. Get yourself both Upper and lower hinges.

If the door just needs adjusted get yourself one of these:

http://www.eastwood.com/e-z-store-door-alignment-tool.html

I would have to agree. It's most likely the hinges. It would make more sense to replace the hinges than the whole door. What color interior does the 98 have? Always looking for ivory parts. :D

Weld doors shut and "duke" it.Also paint rebel flag on roof.

Actually I just ment the doors. I dont think I would ever stop laughing if I saw an orange Mark with a rebel flag on its roof. :lol:

I saw a new Challenger a couple months ago done up like the General, horn and all. I wanted to turn around and chase the guy to point out it was the wrong car. :lol:

Thats funny stuff I knew what you meant I was just bein a postwhore, My voicemail on my home phone is the general lee horn and that is it, people hate it. lmao

What knt8m said is correct.Open the door,Hold on to it at the outer most point and lift up.If the door moves at all Hinges are toast.The doors on the mark are extremely heavy and over time not uncommon at all to see hinges give.The tool k9 spoke of is great for this however unless you do this type of work for a living do 1 of 2 things. 1, use a floor jack with a 2x4 on top and a towel folded on that and open your door all the way out.Then slide jack under to where it misses the skin and only touches the shell.Jack it up till the jack is firm and depending on jack use your discretion and tweek those hinges back.This WILL work for awhileand you only be able to do it so many times.Other option is go to a body shop and let them use there own tool and raise it up.At the same time ask them for a estimate for new hinges installed and they will think they are getting future business from ya and might even do the adjust for free.Good luck~BuddyL

Remove both doors, move to an island, buy a white suit and get a tiny person for a sidekick. Live the Fantasy

Are hinges on the Marks different than the MN12's?

I've done pins+bushings on my Cougar before, fixed the problem of saggy doors.

can't be as bad as this hillybilly's truck i rode in, you had to park on level ground to open and close the doors, and you couldn't put your feet on the floor or you would fall through

Are hinges on the Marks different than the MN12's?

I've done pins+bushings on my Cougar before, fixed the problem of saggy doors.

this is correct, i did it to my first gen mark 8...no problem

i have hinges if you want to swap them out, its easy, and there is no left or right hinge on the mark VIII, both sides interchange, there is a top and bottom though, but no left or right.

twice the trouble now, i have a new house computer and a new laptop!!!! i'll be on no matter what!

Members online

No members online now.
Back