door handle

catmech

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
wanted to know if anyone had a solution to a loose driver side door handle. its just a little sloppy. it is the outside handle. is there a way to tighten it up. wanted some input before i tear into it.

im sorry. there are abid item and they are 56 right now. there are others onther that look chrome. you have to go through the mark 8 posts on ebay to find them, but they are there.

loose handles but still work fine are usually broken springs. easy enough to fix, but requires taking the handle out of the door.

I had one that had a spring gone because the one side broke. It lasted a little while longer but it was 'loose' and kinda just laid there. Of course it eventually had to be replaced.

thanks guys for the help.jamie do you know where i can get new springs? or is the bone yard my only option?

I had the same problem, took it apart and found the springs inside the door. Put it back together and all is fine.

i have springs, some handles only have one, but all should have two, there is a left and right spring. its common on these handles to drop on the of the pins, there are two pins that hold the pull handle to the handle basket, the pin falls inside the door, the springs falls off too, and the handle feeels broken or loose, usually you can find the missing parts inside the door, but i do have springs.

im gonna tear into this weekend coming up.ill keep you posted on those springs if i need them or not. thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back