Don't you just hate it when you come out to your car and see this.

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Some one ran into my front bumper. At lest its not terrible but the part that makes me mad is that it won't totally buff out and my car was in near perfect condition :(

car.jpg

Sorry to hear, thats a bummer.

Dash cam buddy, they have a parking mode which will record any movement.That way you can see the plates when they hit you and drove away, then have them pay for it with their insurance or whatever.

That sucks, man. That happened to one of the previous cars my wife had, just on the back corner. See if you can find out who did it, or maybe even if insurance will cover it. Good luck!

Some one ran into my front bumper. At lest its not terrible but the part that makes me mad is that it won't totally buff out and my car was in near perfect condition :(

car.jpg

Gotta love kansas drivers!:D Happened to me once already in the bestbuy parking lot here in topeka about a month ago..

Some people just have no respect for others people possessions

After I got my car back and front end painted, about 4 months later there was a chip dead center front bumper. Best I can figure is that some dip:q:q:q:q with a trailer hitch backed into me. Sometimes you just gotta hate people.

people are irritating, My back bumper is terrible, it has been hit twice this year in parking lots, :q:q:q:q pisses me off.

Sorry to see, though fixable.

It amazes me that even though I drive 100,000s of miles for work and personal I almost never, ever do any cosmetic damage to my vehicles. I will have 10 year old cars that look new, and friends of mine have 3 year old cars with multiple spots of damage.

Just spray some carb cleaner onto a rag, and 90% of that will wipe right off. If the paint starts to get sticky, stop. OEM paint is tuff stuff. You shouldn't have any issues.

It amazes me that even though I drive 100,000s of miles for work and personal I almost never, ever do any cosmetic damage to my vehicles. I will have 10 year old cars that look new, and friends of mine have 3 year old cars with multiple spots of damage.

+1....Kinda like me never having tensioner issues.

Just spray some carb cleaner onto a rag, and 90% of that will wipe right off. If the paint starts to get sticky, stop. OEM paint is tuff stuff. You shouldn't have any issues.

Yeah, don't do that. Try using a claybar, or an APC like Optimum Power Clean.

Yeah, don't do that. Try using a claybar, or an APC like Optimum Power Clean.

Ha ha. Yeah I about died when he said that. I have a degree in this stuff pretty much all will come out except a 4 inch gouge in the bumper that will drive me crazy unless I get it painted

even a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with water will take that all out.

~ minus the actual scratch and gouge.

Have any of you ever used or tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ?

works wonders on just about anything.

That's terrible, start parking by the landscaping stuff in parking lots. Happened to me in my driveway, my brother backed into rear quarter panel of my car, put a dent right where it meets the bumper cover.

Unfortunately I've learned to live with it.

Have any of you ever used or tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ?

works wonders on just about anything.

I tried taking tire marks off my seats when I had to take them in to get mounted. Don't scrub with on your seats it will remove the dye from them. I stopped before too much damage is done. Don't think anyone else will notice and I've since forgot where I screwed up.

That's terrible, start parking by the landscaping stuff in parking lots. Happened to me in my driveway, my brother backed into rear quarter panel of my car, put a dent right where it meets the bumper cover.

Unfortunately I've learned to live with it.

I tried taking tire marks off my seats when I had to take them in to get mounted. Don't scrub with on your seats it will remove the dye from them. I stopped before too much damage is done. Don't think anyone else will notice and I've since forgot where I screwed up.

Sad thing is I don't park anyplace unless I'm parked by a Landscape deal or a curb. It was parked by one at the time. I well though it happens

Ive learned to live with all the imperfections of having a car parked outside in the elements.

I hope to get much of them out with a detail and touch up what i can like the door handles, mirrors, small areas like that.

looks totaled to me... I'll give you $1000... just to help ya out. :D

looks totaled to me... I'll give you $1000... just to help ya out. :D

awww so kind! I finally got some time today to do some magic to it i think I'm still going to get an estimate on what it would cost to touch it up the black mark bugs the heck out of me. Pics in a second

^ What did you finally end up using?

Members online

No members online now.
Back