Don't try to open your windows when they're frozen

rsimmons1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I just broke both of my front regulators (both of which I had replaced within the past year). Just a fair warning so your wallets don't get raped the way mine just did.

The question is, why didn't you stop after you broke the regulator on one side, trying to roll down a frozen window?

And are you sure you busted the regulators, or did the windows just pop out of their sleeves on the crane?

The question is, why didn't you stop after you broke the regulator on one side, trying to roll down a frozen window?

And are you sure you busted the regulators, or did the windows just pop out of their sleeves on the crane?

Your first question: I don't know...I wanted the window open.

The second question: I heard the cable snap on the driver side, I'm not sure about the passenger side.

How much ice was on them? dam

There wasn't any visible ice, we just got minimal snow yesterday but it's all gone. I guess that tiny tiny bit melted in there today :mad:

Yeah, I'm going to avoid all drive-through's till it gets warmer out for this reason alone. My driver side regulator is squealing pretty bad as it is and I just replaced my passenger a few months back.

Yeah, I'm going to avoid all drive-through's till it gets warmer out for this reason alone.

I had a stupid attack 2 years ago in the middle of winter and tried that. Snapped the cable and the window fell all the way down. I won't be trying that again.

I know its not always the case, but I usually just run my pocket knife along the outside edge of the window. It seems that the rubber is what freezes to the window. I run my knife along the edges and peel back the rubber, then it usually goes right down.

Sorry about your luck, but on the upside, I replaced mine and it only took about 30 mintes.. :)

Members online

Back