Does This Car Belong To Someone On Here?

most important thing imo: find someone that will scrap the 3rd cat....some guys won't do it
...you may save a few dollars with this muffler if namebrand is not too important
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-BOAR-Max-Flow-SS-muffler-Dual-2-5-IN-Dual-OUT-/310269215149?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483d7c81ad[/URL]

I'm going to cut the cat off myself and scrap it or sell it on eBay after having it weighed. When I drive it to the shop, it will be a loud trip getting there but they won't cut it off. They will however install what I want as long as the car comes onto the property without the 3rd cat.

That muffled X you found does look pretty decent and a fairly good price but I just trust Magnaflow a little more. They kinda have a reputation, like Borla does. I know what the X looks like inside the one I bought but have no idea what all is inside the "Full Boar". With it being 24", I kinda have an idea of the X inside. If they're any good, they should soon start making a name for themselves. This is what they're inner X most likely looks like. Not really what I was looking for.

$(KGrHqRHJE0FB5SHlJU7BQo6-tDSww~~60_12.jpg

Right here Kevin and yes, as much as I drive it and not getting it out in the rain, I was thinking of maybe going with aluminized steel for $150 but Sapper mentioned that SS and the aluminum might have a sound difference. Not sure if that's the case or not.

[url]http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-117/93-dsh-98-MARK-VIII-EXHAUST/Detail[/URL]

Same difference though with the $30 shipping charge.

Ehhh the sound of stainless vs aluminized steel? Kinda splitting hairs there..don't see how one could be better or worse just cause its stainless. Also BTW that first video you posted of the grey 98 with magnaflows did not have a dual in dual out muffler in the middle, he said its dual 2 1/2" into an x pipe with just magnaflow mufflers in the rear. Those mufflers make the car fairly quiet at idle, they're pretty much turbo mufflers, quiet at idle and normal driving but louder when you open it up. I don't know if the center muffler is necessary with the magnaflow mufflers if you're worried about how loud it will be..I mean that seems like alot of schtuff for exhaust to pass through with the two factory cats, and 3 mufflers..the less the better ya know?

Just $22.34 more. I'll live lol. All the others on eBay were 140.00 or more. I'm ok with the $130 and free shipping. I'll get the pipe kit next or find out from the shop if they can put me some SS in, mandrel bent for less than $245. Where do I need to get the mufflers from?

The 14211 mufflers that I used in the rear are $86.65 each @ Performance Peddler. Enter 1 in the Name Your Price box, and you'll get a discount code.

It's where I bought my Magnaflow mufflers.

Ehhh the sound of stainless vs aluminized steel? Kinda splitting hairs there..don't see how one could be better or worse just cause its stainless. Also BTW that first video you posted of the grey 98 with magnaflows did not have a dual in dual out muffler in the middle, he said its dual 2 1/2" into an x pipe with just magnaflow mufflers in the rear. Those mufflers make the car fairly quiet at idle, they're pretty much turbo mufflers, quiet at idle and normal driving but louder when you open it up. I don't know if the center muffler is necessary with the magnaflow mufflers if you're worried about how loud it will be..I mean that seems like alot of schtuff for exhaust to pass through with the two factory cats, and 3 mufflers..the less the better ya know?

I see what you're saying but it surely can't be any worse than all that crap I have under there now that's probably half to 3/4 of the way stopped up and when I open it up, I smell it. Plus, one big single pipe in and out and then into duals isn't as good as it being equalized by an X and I doubt that the X is muffled too much or Doug wouldn't have it on his car, holding him back. I just want to make sure I'm running a lot more free air and equalized properly and quiet but noticeable. Maybe I'm making sense. :confused:

The 14211 mufflers that I used in the rear are $86.65 each @ Performance Peddler. Enter 1 in the Name Your Price box, and you'll get a discount code.

It's where I bought my Magnaflow mufflers.

Thanks Doug! How old was that exhaust when you made that video clip? Just wondering if it had time to age any and get broken in to it's true sound. Also, while me and Kevin are on the subject, being where I live and not driving in the rain or really, not worried about rust, would there be any difference with sound between the two metals? I'm thinking a metal pipe is a metal pipe but Sapper got me wondering about it yesterday.

I built my exhaust 8/2009. The video/sound clip was taken 3/2010.

While I'm sure that stainless and aluminized tubing will resonate differently, I'm not sure that you'd be able to hear the difference. Tubing thickness will make a difference, all of the tubing that I used was 16 ga. Converters will also make a difference, I used 2 spun metallic cats in my system.

I paid $75/pr. for mine.

Check with Jeg's to make sure that this is for a pair:

[url]http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/EVT29/10002/-1[/URL]

It says "tips" so I would assume they're coming in pairs. I'll call first to make sure that they are sold in pairs.

PYPES #958-EVT29
specials.png

TIPS 2.5 x6 x3 x9.5 stainless

Now: $54.99

$74.95 for this pair.
[url]http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-evt29[/URL]

Ok, got the ones from Jegs just now. I called first and he had to check the catalog and he did say that the order would be for a pair. Total was:

Subtotal:$54.99
Handling:
$9.99

Shipping:
$0.00
Total:
$64.98

I paid $75/pr. for mine.

Check with Jeg's to make sure that this is for a pair:

Gottem and tomorrow I'll order the mufflers and then all that will be left is the pipe itself. Installation too of course. My welder, torch and everything else burned up in the garage fire. I'd rather have them installed by a shop anyway. They do it for a living, I don't.

the Summit listing states 'sold as a pair'
-i wish I had seen those tips when I got mine...I like mine (4'' MF rounds, $60/pair) but I'd rather have ovals

Members online

Back