Do I Really Want to do it Again?????

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I built my bar two years ago. I had never done such a large project. I had fun and learned a lot doing. For sure, learned a few things I would do differently.

The bar is 11 foot long. I made the top out of flooring. Polyurethaned it. The front, side, and all the trim was stained Golden Oak and polyurenthaned. The bar floor is a "wood" bowling lane. Weighs about 350lbs. At the time, I could only get a 10 foot section. I now can get two 12 foot by 5 1/2 foot section of urethane bowling lanes for $125 a piece. The polyurenthane lanes are only about 3/8 of an inch think. A LOT lighter then the "wood" lanes. Smooth as glass too.

I was thinking about buying the two sections. Cut one of then to fit the floor behind the bar perfectly. Use the onther for the bar top. I would have a lot left over for whatever future porject I want.

The question is, do I really want to re-do the entire bar?

basement01.jpg

basement 5.jpg

Looks good as it is. A couple of beer pumps might be a nice addition!

i dunno man, that looks tacky and gay.

after i slap some paint on the walls, i'll put up some pics of my bar area in my house.

i like the bowling lane floor. unique look.

You need to hide those cords a little better, update the furniture and maybe change the colors.

if u had extra money to redo it i would say yes all i think u should do is change the color and the chairs

Leave it as it, but add a Kegerator! (Unless there is one hidden in there.)

At any rate, that is really nice and I don't think I'd go through all the work required just to change out the bar top, which already looks pretty nice to me!

I love it. It's perfect for its intended use. There are many things you can do to make it better, but why? there's no point in spending time on things like this unless you really have time on your hands.

I love it. It's perfect for its intended use. There are many things you can do to make it better, but why? there's no point in spending time on things like this unless you really have time on your hands.

Time is always an issue with me. The family and job demand much of my time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back