Dirtiest LS

Also looks like some decent HDR chops (at least I think that's what that style of photo is called.) Did you merge 2 pics together for the effect? I don't know much about it at all, but I think it involves taking 2 pictures; one over exposed, the other under exposed. Then mixing the 2 together.

Pete, use some ONR on your car. I've seen some pretty surprising turnouts with filthy cars. Do it up!

yeah jesus christ i almost went to go touch the car on my monitor lmao. its so realistic

uhm smd is one of your exhaust tips oval and the other circular..? refer to last picture

HAHAHAHA, I am soo going to have to go look at my car. I'm about to go out and do the thermostat.

I think it was just distortion from the wide angle lens. The whole car looks kind of crooked.

yeah that are some great pics! What lens are you using? I'm gonna be in the market for a wide angle soon, and have had my eye on a tokina 12-24mm.

Its a Canon 17-40 f/4L attached to a full frame camera. It is just amazing.

As for the HDR'ness... the 2nd shot was a light amount of HDR. It was the same picture, I just opened duplicates in photoshop and merged.

The 1st and 3rd was just me playing with my gradiated nd filter.

Omg quick google search shows JUST the camera being well over $2 grand...

sheesh...

I want a nice camera so baddddddddddddddd >:[

its actually alot dirtier in person unfortunately
100_3149.jpg

100_3152.jpg

Omg quick google search shows JUST the camera being well over $2 grand...

sheesh...

I want a nice camera so baddddddddddddddd >:[

WOW :eek: . One expensive camera. I want one too. Those are some really nice, clear, detailed pictures!!!!

Seeing Pektel's filthy, filthy car in those photos makes his super-clean shots that much more impressive :cool:

Yuck, I am not looking forward to pulling the drivers side valve cover.

Why did I think we have to pull the intake mani to get the valve covers off?

I don' t know why you thought that. You've never taken either cover off? You haven't had the leaky gaskets or chain tensioners yet? Lucky SOB. I'm pretty sure every "common problem" this car has, mine has had. Blech...

The driver side really isn't that bad, it's just a bunch of crap you gotta remove and finagle around to get the cover clear. Like the fan resevior, dip stick, air filter box, throttle cable, cruise control cable, a fuel line, that canister thingy on the shock tower, vacuum lines and a couple other hoses back there. That's all :D. You probably don't need to move all that, but it gets the cover clear of obsticles.

Does this count as dirty?

CRW_8005.jpg

The car decided to start doing this crap again. All summer I fought with the mystery opening stuff (the keyfob is dead and barely works 1 foot away from the car and my office is a good 50' from where I park the car).

I'm laughing at least.

Some people say to prep yourself by doing the passenger side one first. i say F-that. First try your gonna be looking at awhile to get either off. My drivers side one kept having the gasket roll when i put it back on, so i put it on and off about 4-5 times. i can do it REALLY quick now. under an hour to have it off and on. Finding the correct mixtures of sockets or wrenches and what works on what is basically the time consuming part. and the back bolts you fly blind on.

mine is pretty dirty, ill go snap a pic...

Picture041.gif

kills me to look at that, i detail cars for a living.

Does this count as dirty?

CRW_8005.jpg

The car decided to start doing this crap again. All summer I fought with the mystery opening stuff (the keyfob is dead and barely works 1 foot away from the car and my office is a good 50' from where I park the car).

I'm laughing at least.

Common sense would be not leaving your window open in the winter. But you obviously lack that which is most common, common sense. So there really is no helping you is there?!!!

I'm kidding, just doing Fordfan's job for him as he is clearly not being his insightful productivity increasing self today.

So your windows open by themselves? I'd say that's dirty. A dirty trick on you from the LS :D .

Are you sure the unlock button is not getting pressed and held? Maybe the keys in your pockets :D

No matter, that would truly suck... not only cold leather, cold wet leather...

smdandb2 might win for dirtiest steering wheel ever...wtf do you do to that thing man? LOL

Common sense would be not leaving your window open in the winter. But you obviously lack that which is most common, common sense. So there really is no helping you is there?!!!

I'm kidding, just doing Fordfan's job for him as he is clearly not being his insightful productivity increasing self today.

So your windows open by themselves? I'd say that's dirty. A dirty trick on you from the LS :D .

hey fbird18, feel free to use the common sense phrase when it fits.

had I read the post before you, I would have given my standard answer.

LOL, the key fob only works when I am about a foot away from the car. My office is 50' away.

I guess its a possibility, but I doubt it. It does all sorts of weird things, I usually just end up laughing. I have a mystery beep that happens once or twice a week too.

smdandb2 might win for dirtiest steering wheel ever...wtf do you do to that thing man? LOL

Last winter I wore this jacket that had some gnarly metal gear attached to it. I am a bigger guy and the jacket would rub the steering wheel when I got in and out. It's ALL messed up... and it pisses me off.

This spring I am going to try a non-wood wheel to try to finish my wood removal.

Oh yeah, and you cant tell but the Lincoln badge is dented too. I was rather pissed off at an ex and punched that steering wheel rather hard multiple times. That little badge is a tough sucker.

Members online

No members online now.
Back