Dirtiest LS

Maybe if you stopped punching your car it would stop opening windows randomly :D

Mine did that too once, but I think it was the keyfob button being pressed in my pocket. Luckily it wasn't raining (or snowing!)

Omg quick google search shows JUST the camera being well over $2 grand...

sheesh...

I want a nice camera so baddddddddddddddd >:[

Here's one for $1350...

But if you are new to photography, and need to get acquainted with DSLR's, you should probably start with something like the Canon Rebel XT. That's what I shoot with. Then, invest is some better glass.

Here is a badass deal on the Rebel XT with kit lens, and a 50mm 1.8 prime, carrying bag, memory card, and a wireless remote... for $300:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=802986

Here's one for $1350...

But if you are new to photography, and need to get acquainted with DSLR's, you should probably start with something like the Canon Rebel XT. That's what I shoot with. Then, invest is some better glass.

Here is a badass deal on the Rebel XT with kit lens, and a 50mm 1.8 prime, carrying bag, memory card, and a wireless remote... for $300:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=802986

You nailed it.

Here is how I think a good picture breaks down:

60% Photographer
30% Glass
10% Camera

I had most of my L glass (professional stuff) before I had the 5D. I was shooting an old ass Digital Rebel (300D) before I bought the 5D. The pictures from the 300D easily rivaled those coming out of the 5D, at least for web purposes. For prints, the larger/cleaner sensor is a lot better.

Here are a few old pics of my car, with the old 300D. The only thing that make my pictures better NOW is my skill. I have not shot the LS since probably 07, so I have nothing newer of it to compare. You can probably pick up a 300D for $100 now, lol. I did have a $1200 piece of glass stuck on the end of it though.

130546486_X5zYm-L.jpg

130546445_S3r6i-L.jpg

HAHA, no tinted windows and I still had the license plate frame. The car must have been fairly new at that point.
101332828_vSB8w-L.jpg

I wish I could afford some L glass. My lenses right now only consist of:

18-55mm f3.5-5.6 non IS
70-210mm f4 non IS
28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM <--this one is the newest purchase, and hasn't left the camera body since I bought it.

I need a good wide angle, and at least 1 good prime next.

The 50mm f/1.8 is a great short prime if you are on a budget. I think I paid $79 for mine a few years ago.

I highly recommend a 70-200 if you enjoy shooting cars. Other than cars, I have yet to find a practical use for it. I have the 2.8, but the 4.0 is also a fantastic piece of glass for less than $800.

Here is my lens line up:
17-40 f/4 L
24-70 f/2.8 L
70-200 f/2.8 L
50 f/2.5 Macro
50 f/1.8

The only wide angle you can get for a crop sensor that is worth a damn is the 10-20 EF-S, and it is pricey. If you ever go full frame, it would not work on the camera since its an EF-S lens. The 17-40 was the most worthless lens on a crop sensor. I actually sold my first one, because I hated it so much. But on the FF 5D, the 17-40 is magnificent.

That's exactly the prime I was thinking of buying.

I am a LONG ways away from being a skilled or knowledgeable photographer, so I don't dedicate a whole lot to the hobby yet. It can get expensive QUICK.

IIRC, I have about 1K invested so far maybe. But glass is VERY addicting. I have a detailing hobby that has cost me a small fortune.

Hey Pete, we should have a LS Dirty Meet :lol: I want to see some more dirty LSs. The previous LS is too clean! I am not washing the car all year. I will be posting probably in February.:D

John you're alive! And apparently haven't sold the LS. Good to know :D

Yeah I am still alive. "Common Sense" tells me to drink water, eat food, and breath in and out and I should be okay.:lol: Unbelievable, some of the posts I have been reading lately. That is one reason I do not come on here much anymore. At least that guy is not in Minnesota anymore.

That friend never came through with the car and that whole situation fizzled out. I am been immersed in the house that I bought in September. I hope my focus will get back on car in spring as I do need some help on some repairs. Hopefully you could help me with and I would pay you for the upper control arm bar and clockspring. See ya

Yeah I am still alive. "Common Sense" tells me to drink water, eat food, and breath in and out and I should be okay.:lol: Unbelievable, some of the posts I have been reading lately. That is one reason I do not come on here much anymore. At least that guy is not in Minnesota anymore.

That friend never came through with the car and that whole situation fizzled out. I am been immersed in the house that I bought in September. I hope my focus will get back on car in spring as I do need some help on some repairs. Hopefully you could help me with and I would pay you for the upper control arm bar and clockspring. See ya

breathing is not common sense, your brain does that for you.

Nope. Your brain sends the signal. Your lungs do the breathing.

Oh smack! And the bitch goes down. What a homo :)

No problem John. Good luck with the house and let me know if you need help on the car. Happy to help out. And if you need it, I'm pretty good with house issues too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back