Difference between the t45 tailshaft housing.

94m5

Dmaup's Daddy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is the Last remaining wiring problem that I have YET to figure out. This is prolly gonna get pretty deep so anyone with an ulcer, or a history of migraines should steer clear.

I hooked all of my wiring up for the transmission last night, but when I went to drive to the house I noticed that my speedo was reading WAY too high. 30 MPH was registering as 120 MPH. So as of right now I can't go over 35 MPH because the PCM is showing 137 which is the limiter cut off.

I tested the VSS this morning, and It showed the AC voltage was within Parameters. 0-10.5 volts depending on output shaft speed.

My T-45 is out of a 2000 Gt. It has a magnetic VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), the Stock 94 4R70W has a gear driven unit. My questions is, Would that be causing the problem with my speedo? If so, I have a few options.

1. I have a spare output housing and tailshaft that will work. But, I will have to do the shifter extension welding all over again, and rebuild my tranny if I go this route.

2. Buy one of those converters that the mustang guys use to calibrate thier speedos after a gear change, I'm not sure how this will work due to the circumstances.

3. Do you guys think it would be ok to fiddle with it by trying different resistors inline after the VSS? This would cut down on the voltage that the rest of the system sees, and the speedo and everything would know what is going on.

Right now I'm at my wits end with this thing. I would just use my indash GPS unit and not worry about it, but the cruise does'nt work, and the suspension does'nt know to lower right now, so I want it fixed asap. Thanks for your help. and hope you guys know your stuff. :)

Mike

unstoppable said:
Well what was it?

I need the Extended range speed cal from dallas mustang. The problem is caused by the switch from the gear driven sensor to the magnetic.

Members online

Back