Ddm tuning fog hid

Cronos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after a month I recieved my ddm tuning fog hid 8000ks with 2x 55w ballasts.
CZVTv.jpg

Is this the right kit for 2nd gen. Also, I have no idea how to connect this little spade connectors. I tried everything. How am I suppose to get these to work?

Yea thats blood, and ive tried sticking the spade connectors into the oem harness. but it wont turn on sigh.. ill try again. Im assuming I hook the red spade to the red side, black to black.. ?

As far as i know all you need to do is splice into the negative and positive wires from the fog harness. Simple stuff.

Thats not a good connection just sticking them into the connector like that. And you are turning the fogs on first right?

I have LED fogs so i dont really know.

...did you even download the instructions????? jesuss....you do not need the spade connectors.

Those are only for headlights with the OEM power source inside the housing - im not even going to try n explain that one.

1. Pull the spade connectors through the little rubber thing and discard, you do not need that harness.
2. Then connect the bulb to the ballast with the two oddly shaped connectors - one should be male one should be female.
3. Then simply plug the OEM foglight connector into the ballast - make sure to check polarity, sometimes its reversed on the harness.
4. Insert the bulb in the foglight housing, and mount the ballasts' somewhere...and thats it!

DO NOT CUT/SPLICE ANYTHING!!
and you really should download those instructions...they have pictures and everything

Ps> if you connect everything (properly) and it still doesnt work...turn off the switch immediately before you fry the ballast and flip the plug going into the ballast - like i said, the polarity is probably reversed (+)(-) >(-)(+)

LOL..i always thought there was some cutting/splicing involved.

I may look into getting a kit whenever i change my low beams to match. I need moar light!!

I got my headlights and fogs today from ddm also.. unfortunately one of my ballasts was doa.. :(

two thoughts,

nothing says rice like blue lights,

and 55w? last time some jabronie drove past me with lights with an insane amount of glare, i almost drove them off the damn road

two thoughts,

nothing says rice like blue lights,

and 55w? last time some jabronie drove past me with lights with an insane amount of glare, i almost drove them off the damn road

Yeah I would have went with no higher than 6K and those are gigs do they should not be a problem.

55w on fogs will cause a lot of glare? I was thinkin it's pretty low to cause glare

polarity was reversed on mine when i bought em. i got the 35w kit tho. i have led fogs but have been thinking about switching to hid fogs tho.

Oh and my fogs aren't coming on at all. Island I've done what you've said, but none of my dogs will turn on. I've switched polarity and everything

ouch...usually i only do one side at a time so i know when ive really fcukedup lol...

If they were working before and now they arnt - even with the halogen bulbs back in - see if theres anything else not working...lights, gauges etc...if everything else works...the only thing i can think of is to check the fog light relay in the Aux Fuse Box under the hood, check your owners manual there should be a diagram in there.

Hope this helps.

the relay is this little black box looking thing...theres no real way to tell unless you replace it with a new one and it works lol (as least as far as i know) ...on the other hand the fuse will be visually blown

The ballasts won't work if the polarity is reversed. Also, check the clips inside the plugs. I believe my original ballasts weren't bad at all but the clips were pushed so far in the plugs that they didn't make contact anymore. Got a new ballast out of it but I had to go through the trouble of swapping them around to diagnose the REAL problem.

A HUGE thanks to the people who mentioned the reverse polarity!! Thank you very much, I'm all good now!

55w on fogs will cause a lot of glare? I was thinkin it's pretty low to cause glare

Yes. I don't know about the other years, but the 2nd gen non-LSE doesn't have an internal bulb shield in the foglight; that's what the black cap on the bulb is for. Without the shield, oncoming traffic will be staring right at the arc of the HID bulb.

Even if yours has a bulb shield, the HIDs are significantly brighter than the halogen bulbs. The 9145 bulbs (2nd gen non-LSE) are rated at 1000 lumens, stock 35W HIDs are 3200 lumens, and driving them with a 55W ballast probably gets you over 4000 lumens (just guessing on this one).

Too much near-field light is detrimental to both you and other drivers. Foglights are designed to produce a low, wide beam on the ground to allow you to see what's directly in front of you when driving very slowly in conditions of severely reduced visibility. When driving with them at highway speeds your eyes adjust to the increased light directly in-front of the car, reducing your ability to see what's in the distance. Also, the increased light directed towards the ground reflects off of the road towards oncoming traffic (especially on wet roads).

For anyone looking to match the color of their foglights to HID headlights, I'd recommend LEDs. They won't be very bright, but most people don't encounter situations where foglights would be necessary so that's not really a drawback. You get the look without hindering your visibility or that of other drivers.

Members online

Back