DDM HID Raptor kit

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So i have 6K HIDs for the headlights on my 04 LS. I'm looking to eventually upgrade the fogs as well to match and was just going to get the LED bulbs from V-Leds but i checked out DDM tunning since everyone seems to love them and found out i could get the Raptor hid kit cheaper than the led bulbs. so what one do i go with the HIDs or the LEDs? yes i relize there is another thread talking about the same thing but i was mostly wondering about the quality of the Raptor kit because it is in fact so cheap.

So i have 6K HIDs for the headlights on my 04 LS. I'm looking to eventually upgrade the fogs as well to match and was just going to get the LED bulbs from V-Leds but i checked out DDM tunning since everyone seems to love them and found out i could get the Raptor hid kit cheaper than the led bulbs. so what one do i go with the HIDs or the LEDs? yes i relize there is another thread talking about the same thing but i was mostly wondering about the quality of the Raptor kit because it is in fact so cheap.

Lol post the link im wanting to do the same thing as well but i want to match my angel eyes as close as possible, i went on there sight and the cheapest i saw was 155 vleds are 60

the only down side to using the HID's vs the LED's is that it is not good for the bulbs to be turned on and off all the time as if you switch the high beams on and off a lot.

Also with HID you need to mess with mounting ballasts and with the fogs being so low, you need a quality kit that won't be affected by weather elements easily.

And like loudLS said, turning on off HIDs is tougher on them.

and it does take a small amount of time for the color to get right, so every time you turn your brights off and the fogs come on, they will be a slightly different color for every car that passes you, however not really a problem if you never use your highs

I have the raptor kit in the lows/fogs in my truck, and fogs in the LS. I'm getting a kit for the lows when it warms up too. I had a ballast die and DDM was very good with their warranty. The waiting for shipping sucks though, it took 2 weeks total to get the new ballast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back