Cutting out the "X" behind the back seat

there is very little tension, the car would have to twist a great deal for them to even do anything... if the car is twisting enough that those things are pushed on you are probably screwed anyway, they are very thin and wouldn't support much

I'm assuming they are mostly to support the back seat

They are not designed to be pushed on, they are designed to strengthen the chassis by tension... They are very thin - so is the cable that holds a wrecking ball to a crane.

I'd love to cut mine, so I can do a fold down seat (well, so I can open the nitrous bottle from inside the car.) But if I ever do, I'll be overengineering other braces to make up for it..

i have seen my share of fractured braces over the years if you are going to keep your car for an extended peroid of time i would repair the brace as it helps stiffen the structure from flexing and causeing i rear window flexing on the seal area 2 flexing on the bodie seams 3 paint cracking 4 creaking noises from bodie flexing 5 radio frequency interferance . not being an structural engineer i think i have missed a few other down sides to removal but this is just common sense. " commen sense is that sense without whice all other sense is NONSENSE" CDR Norman Steel.

how many of you have actually seen them?

any force strong enough to twist the car is not going to be supported by them in the least

there is a reason people don't make strut tower braces and roll cages out of floppy pieces of metal

any force pushing into them will not be directed directly to the other side, it will just bend forward or back bowing outwards

any force strong enough to twist the car is not going to be supported by them in the least

there is a reason people don't make strut tower braces and roll cages out of floppy pieces of metal

any force pushing into them will not be directed directly to the other side, it will just bend forward or back bowing outwards

I always thought...I you took two freeze pop sticks, and glued them in an X, then taped them to your nose...and let someone punch you in the ear...that it would help keep your other ear from damage...rofl

Have you ever heard of a cable? Ya know how they can support a big wrecking ball hanging off of a crane, for instance? Same idea there chief.

You want to do this.
not my car.

untitled-1.jpg

Lol that's my car, and I still say...cut the X out..it's useless

Eh, my socket tray is orange, that green one busted...you can see in that pic, when the X was already busted in the middle...looks like they sure hold up for sctructural support huh!!!

I know there are some differences between a mark and a mn12 but super coupes do not use an X behind the back seat(they have fold down rear seats might have to check and see if they fit the mark)and they have held up fine.

why dont you guys take off 16 of your lug nuts too, i mean 1 nut on each rim should be ok right? who the :q:q:q:q cuts stuff off a car because its " in their way " some of you guys are funny, if its in the way just hack it off :q:q:q:q it!!!

a drag car and a daily driven mark VIII are two different worlds i wouldnt cut anything out of my car for any reason!

Members online

Back