Cut exhaust tips into bumper?

Yae man you did a good job on those cut outs they look factory. How long did the jig sawing take. You must have steady hands I would imagine.

Pete man its John or (jk52781) I thought we knew each other well. :D

Yeah, sorry man, I just had a brain fart :p

I just called the shop, he'll bend them for me :D

It didn't take too long to do the cutting. I masked off the area first, then drew where I wanted to cut. I used a piece of 4" (didn't measure it exact, it was just laying in the shop) pipe to draw the top radius. I cut the lower black valance with a cuting wheel on the dremel, and the rest with the jigsaw, because the spot where the bumper and valance meet is pretty thick. Everything was really smooth, except for a couple spots, which I touched up with a sanding drum on the dremel. It was pretty scary though... But I only wanted to do it once, and be happy with what I did.

Just got back from the second trip there. Looks 100% better in my opinion :D

tips5.jpg

that looks awesome, good job with the cutting. You've got balls to do it ive heard some horror stories about ppl cutting up their bumper. i took the easy way out haha

Pete, now the look is complete. It is more snug now and much improved.
Now relax, go home watch the Minnesota Wild playoff game, grab a beer, and keep drinking until the next snow storm on Friday and Saturday is over. :p

Looks great man, you might wanna shave the left hole a little bit, it's kind of not too round on the top right.

It looks alot better in the last picture. I agree with HyeLife about the left side cutout.

Yeah, that's because I had to trim that one open more after the mufflers/tips were installed. I only had a dremel to use. I'm going to get it with a set of files tonight hopefully.

And John, I'll definitely be watching the Wild!

Of course, now I have the itch to make it louder. It's really toned down. It sounds nice in the garage, or somewhere that's dead quiet. But as soon as there's noise (normal town noise) you can't really hear it at all. Looks like the resonators are next to go...

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it now that it's fixed. Keep the comments coming :D

what about marking up a spot where the centers would be and using a hole saw...... a fine toothed one for sure, but cutting the top with that. Think it would work as well? I've been getting ready to do thesame thing to my 01

I thought about the hole saw, but since the hole (at least mine) doesn't have over half of the circle on the actual bumper. Might be difficult to not have the hole saw jump if you can't start it with that centering drill bit, you know what I mean?

so when are we getting some sounds bytes?

As soon as we get some sound bytes from your new first-of-it's-kind-on-an-LS Bassani's! :D

About mine, since we just got another like 8" of snow yesterday, it might be a few days yet before I set my camera on the ground... Plus I REALLY want to remove the resonators. The exhaust guy wants me to put in glass packs where the resonators are. I told him no way. Straight pipes and that's it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back