Customizing the LS

Firthockeydog

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just a few questions...

I just ordered the KKM intake this morning. Can't wait to install. I'm still using the stock intake tube. Would there be any difference in buying an aftermarket tube since theyre expensive?

Also- I know absolutely nothing about the PCM system in the LS. I've heard all about the Xcal2 and others but I don't know to get started with that. I don't understand this tuning thing that Torrie does for LS's. If someone could explain that it would be great. lol

And finally... I've been looking at putting the Eibach's on the LS. What are some opinions on that?

01 V8 with 136,000 miles

Thanks

I read that the KKM intake and Magnaflow exhaust should give the LS8 an additional 18 horses. From what I have read from member here. The XCAL should give you better gas mileage and definitely better performance. Ills is another member here you definitely will want to talk to about it.

I have the Eibach pro-kit. It dropped my LS 1.75 inches. The ride is a bit stiff. You do have to watch for bumps, etc. Its easy to bottom out the LS with the lowered stance. I am very happy with mine thou.

The way to 'tune' these modern cars are to upload a new program into the PCM. So they take a 'clean' base image of the stock program file - modify it with a special program and then upload back into the PCM.

The XCal is simply the device that downloads (and keeps your stock file in case you ever need to go back) and uploads new tune files into the PCM.

on the intake - most of the gain is from the less restrictive filter - but the tube does provide a smoother flow for a little more gain,

The best LS tunes come from Torrie at Fast Parts Network

You can get your XCal from him preloaded with your own personal custom tunes to match your LS. Torrie also provides the best customer service too.

Members online

Back