Custom Tail lights

It has the contours as well and your right it doesnt project a perfect pattern.

It has horizontal 'lines'.. If you can line the LEDs up with those (that's what takes me so long when I'm designing), it comes out pretty damn clear.. :)

I'll grab pics of the board I made that was too big..

A few pics for your enjoyment.. :D

100MEDIA_IMAG0071.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0075.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0076.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0078.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0077.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0079.jpg

Whoa!! that was really deceiving... In the first pic it looked so small. Where did you get all of the parts? Online?

"All the stuff" being enough for one light or all four?

Fast...don't tap out. That looked like it was going to work out pretty good! Do you have the lights at different levels or was that just the angle of the camera shot?

Thoe look real good fast. What about making a top strip of lights for the turn bulb, on both lights.

You mean for the inners? Well if Villa would tell me how he got the housing separated from the lens, I might be able to do it.. Right now, I just cut the reflector bowl..

The 100 is enough to do all 4.. But you have to buy a transfer paper and design them.. Then etch the board..

Yup right between. I removed the foam gasket like material around the outside first as well with a knife.

I was looking at the Dremels the other day and I didn't realize how many things you can do with them. You can use them as a router even! On my list of tools to get very soon, that's for sure!

I was looking at the Dremels the other day and I didn't realize how many things you can do with them. You can use them as a router even! On my list of tools to get very soon, that's for sure!

Oh ya there great. I was looking at a thing where it turns it into a drill press... the thing has endless uses.

ya dremel is definitely a must have for any tool box or garage. plus its fun seeing all the stuff you can cut

Its sort of been on hold so I havent made any real progress on it since. But im gonna order some stuff real soon and continue. I still have to find a outer taillight that I can cut open.

I have read that thread, the only thing I dont like is how the leds are on the outside of the light. It would look much cleaner if they were all inside. but I guess if you paint the light like he did you dont really have much choice.

oh wow i hadn't even noticed that. I sort of just glanced at the pics. That takes away from a clean look

Members online

No members online now.
Back