Crash test dummy photo

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This Picture is for some of you youngens that like to drive fast and furious. I thought you might enjoy what you and your buddy will look like 1/1000 of a second prior to hitting the bags. The fatal front end crash test.

Crash Test Dummy Photo.jpg

Oh sure - you saying im not young anymore bryan? Ive been known to smoke my tires coming out of my driveway! Thanks buddy!

Um ok, is that picture suppose to get me to stop speeding? If sooo, aint working. And ive been in one of those "fatal" front end crashes, air bags didnt go off... Im still walking the planet. Matter a fact.. i walked away.

unstoppable said:
I thought it was going to be a picture of Leo!!!! LOL!!

LMOA !!!!
No Leo is one of those drivers you beep at when the light turns green :D .

I so want to post something about ELO but I can't. All I know is I would rather be the passenger in that car. That airbag is huge. I would like to see a shot aof a dummy with the drivers seat all the way up, getting hammered by the bag, so people see how dangerous it really is.

That reminds me of the time I was selling cars and a couple of big, I mean BIG black (African-American) ladies come in to look at a Caddy Eldo. One of them hops into the driver's seat and I am so proud to show off all the neat features. This is the Mid 1980's. I depress the switch to activate the automatic seat position and it starts to creep up and in. It doesn't stop. I'm trying to get it to stop but it keeps going and going. I am near panic and tears at the same time because I am so intensely laughing at the events. She is being pressed into and around the steering wheel, with all her flaps of flab occupying any open space around the dash. I'm telling you, I laughed for days after that and still do to this day. Her girlfriend thought it was absolutely hilarious too and I must admit the lady was a pretty good sport about it. BTW, I didn't make the sale.

Last edited:
Unfortunalty my ex girlfrind hit one of those short woman who had the seat all the way to the front. My ex hit her barley doing 10km and the ladies airbag went of and snaped her neck, killing her at the scene. Not a good outcome.

Having reread my post, I don't like the way it sounded. I should have said dummy. My beef with the whole airbag thing is that they are dangerous to a majority of drivers because most drivers sit too close to the wheel. Finally the car companies are coming out with 2 stage bags that deploy less depending on seat position. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. Not my intention. The fact that somebody can be killed by something that is supposed to save their life is a shame/sham that should be changed. When I bought the Expedition, one of the key options was the adjustable gas/brake pedals which allows the mrs. to sit farther back and still be able to reach the pedals.

We are fortunate in Australia as our airbags do not go off with as much force as yours. The reason is your airbags need to take into account that people may not be using a seatbelt and will be moving at a faster rate towards the dash in an accident without it. In Aust they are called SRS airbags (Supplimentry Restraining System) and are designed to go off with less force and slightly slower as they are programmed to expect the seatbelt to slow the victim down slightly. As this is the case we actually do not have the amount of airbag fatalities that the US seems to have even on a Per Capita basis.

Just some useless info for you all!

All the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury products in my driveway and garage(1991-2002) have the "SRS" airbags. The wife's 2000 Sable has adjustable pedals, which is real nice since there is about a foot difference in our heights. I have trained our sons to wear the seat belts in combination with the airbags as they are designed to be utilized in conjuction with each other.

It was tough for me to relearn the proper 9-3 or 10-2 hand postions on the steering wheel once airbags became the norm. I still catch myself with my arm across the flight path of the airbag. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.
Back