couple pics with new wheels and tires

2000lsv8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
they're sticking out farther than i had planned..i kinda don't like them out so far but they're growing on me. what do you guys think?

SSPX0390.jpg

SSPX0391.jpg

SSPX0392.jpg

SSPX0393.jpg

woah looks like a monster truck! It is kinda cool, but I would get a tire that is not so wide, that would at least make it look a little more flush.

well the problem is i had to have adapters for the wheels and they're an inch thick (thin as you can get) and i totally "spaced" it and forgot to account for that one inch. so it's not so much the tire width but the wheel itself sticking out. they are 275s on a 17x9
i don't know...i might just leave them...as long as the other car is behind me i don't care what he thinks :)

silver..
they're stock '01 cobra wheels. i don't remember what the offset is...25? maybe 30? i can't remember now.

To bad we can't get custom hubs, that 1 inch would make a lot of difference. I like the look though, its different from most.

No rubbing issues?

yeah i know. has anybody looked into idea of switching hubs with a cobra or mark viii? i thought about checking it out but i haven't yet. sadly i haven't been able to drive her yet with the wheels on. i know they don't rub in the back. i did hear some noise when i had the wheel turned all the way and pushing it out of the shop but idk if it was rubbing or what it was. hopefully she'll be running again soon with all the mods done and we'll have a one of a kind ls

Woooo what the hell. You need some real thick fender flares if you wanna keep those.

Woooo what the hell. You need some real thick fender flares if you wanna keep those.

haha yeah i did think about that.
got any ideas? off the shelf for a diferent vehicle that might fit or custom? does anybodt make custom flares? a custom wide body would be ideal but idk if that would ever happen

In the video section there is that Silver LS with the riced out aluminum wing, it has flares I think. maybe... I can't remember, but it does have wide tires.

EDIT nevermind its not there, but its on youtube.

In the video section there is that Silver LS with the riced out aluminum wing, it has flares I think. maybe... I can't remember, but it does have wide tires.

EDIT nevermind its not there, but its on youtube.

thanks..yeah i found it on youtube. i've seen that one before but i can't tell what he's got on there or it would even be enough

Definitely very different. They stick out way to much for my tastes though. I would have to believe you going to rub like a mother on those fronts

I guess you could run em if you were to streatch some 215s on them and pull the hell out of the fenders. Get some coilovers drop it and there you have a stanced out roller VIP style. Aha. But then you will need some different wheels with polished wide lips. :/

The car looks like it had an E39 Bmw for lunch. I actually like how the wheels look on it, but i think you are going to have some rubbing issues as mentioned above.

"they're sticking out farther than i had planned.."

did you really plan on this...
civic1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Definitely very different. They stick out way to much for my tastes though. I would have to believe you going to rub like a mother on those fronts

+1. You should just buy proper fitting wheels and avoid all the added trouble in IMHO.

You will rub in the back for sure. No doubt about it. Don't even think about riding anyone in the back and traveling at high speeds. And I know you are rubbing in the front when you turn because of that offset. I agree, I would just buy some rims that will fit.

someones got to say it. That is ugly as hell and is gonna rub like a mofo. Like the style of wheel but waay to far out.

Yea I agree. If the tires fit inside the wheel well it'd look great, but instead it's ghetto.

BTW, I had those tires on my last car, I liked them so let me know how you like them on the LS.

someones got to say it. That is ugly as hell and is gonna rub like a mofo. Like the style of wheel but waay to far out.

haha thanks guys :) I wasn't planning on them sticking out so far but i really like the wheel so i'm kinda torn....i might keep them though and use them on the rear for the track.

another possibility would be if i could find a flare that looks good or have some molded to the fenders. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet but i'll figure something out

Members online

No members online now.
Back