Couple of ?'s for QuickLS

I should be receiving prototype #2 in about a week for another test fit. I'll post pics. The new design drops the mainifold another 1"1/2 and allow us to use a thunderbird SC -like setup so the price of the kit is coming down.

Supercharger for the LS huh??? That may keep me from ditching my turd just yet. Sounds like Fords version of the Impala, which could be a good thing!! :Beer

Fastbird said:
Supercharger for the LS huh??? That may keep me from ditching my turd just yet. Sounds like Fords version of the Impala, which could be a good thing!! :Beer

Yeah I was looking really hard for an Impala SS when I stumbled on this hog.

Speaking of impalas... My brother has a 96 impala SS with 7,000 miles on it.. Said he might be interested in selling it.. lol.. But i drove it around and he drove my ls around for awhile.. and well think the impala has just some kick in pants power.. I mean i burned rubber just trying to leave the stop light and it wasn't on purpose like he thought.. eventhough he'll sometimes takes it out a leave city block long tracks all over town.. lol

jdsimons said:
Speaking of impalas... My brother has a 96 impala SS with 7,000 miles on it.. Said he might be interested in selling it.. lol.. But i drove it around and he drove my ls around for awhile.. and well think the impala has just some kick in pants power.. I mean i burned rubber just trying to leave the stop light and it wasn't on purpose like he thought.. eventhough he'll sometimes takes it out a leave city block long tracks all over town.. lol

Man that thing is hardly broken in yet. Is he on house arrest :). j/k Even if I was in the position to buy it I don't know where I would keep it. I'd hate to keep the LS in the drive and I know my wife isnt going to give up here spot. That would be a tough decision.

lol... Ya . he bought it as kind of a collector item.. so he never drives it much, but after i told him i bough an ls he said that he likes the LS a lot and after i let him drive it
I could tell he enjoyed driving it a little more then the impala.. He thought the LS inside looked a lot better and felt more like a performance car and like the size of the car didn't feel like a boat when driving down the highway. but it doesn't have the power of the impala and one of these days i told em we will have to go out to the quarter and race em just to see how much faster it really is.. Still haven't tried it yet but one of these days.. lol

jdsimons said:
lol... Ya . he bought it as kind of a collector item.. so he never drives it much, but after i told him i bough an ls he said that he likes the LS a lot and after i let him drive it
I could tell he enjoyed driving it a little more then the impala.. He thought the LS inside looked a lot better and felt more like a performance car and like the size of the car didn't feel like a boat when driving down the highway. but it doesn't have the power of the impala and one of these days i told em we will have to go out to the quarter and race em just to see how much faster it really is.. Still haven't tried it yet but one of these days.. lol

the LS would be a force to be reckoned with if it had more power. I would love to see one in the scca GT class up against the CTSV, Vettes and such.

eL eS said:
the LS would be a force to be reckoned with if it had more power. I would love to see one in the scca GT class up against the CTSV, Vettes and such.

I'm thinking give it an HONEST 350 RWHP and 350 RWTQ and you'd be talkin. I'd love to see that. Too bad the LS driver demographics aren't more geared towards performance, we might see some actual mods like heads, cams, ect.

I think they could pull the crowd their in failure to attempt to pull that crowd is where they have failed. Since they killed the mark and under powered the LS the have gutted themselves by failing to build a titillating product.

I was lured in by its appearance and the prospect of tuning it like the Mark owners have. 5 years later we are still dead in the water but we are starting to make steam.

What's up people! Hey Quik whats the stats on the charger????? anyone, anyone, I was sniffing around tonight and found this thread, I'm curious I was talking with a guy at my work a couple of minutes ago and he found a vidio of genos car doing some sweeeeeet drifting on www.kcsr.com its a street racing site here in kc, and he said my ls needs to do that and this thread came into view, and on that note I was thinking you know if you take the basic motor without all lincolns goodies on it (that is if there was a completely new fuel injection, ingnition etc. the four valves per. Holy cow I bet this could be a bad mother shut your mouth kinda thing, oh and btw. the rearend I have seen on www.factoryfive.com racings kits, that makes me wonder I bet there is a fix to the one weel peel deal. Sorry I have my rambling shoes on, keep us posted with the SC. big daddy. see ya when ya see me :Beer :slam :Beer

J 2 THE A said:
What's up people! Hey Quik whats the stats on the charger????? anyone, anyone, I was sniffing around tonight and found this thread, I'm curious I was talking with a guy at my work a couple of minutes ago and he found a vidio of genos car doing some sweeeeeet drifting on www.kcsr.com its a street racing site here in kc, and he said my ls needs to do that and this thread came into view, and on that note I was thinking you know if you take the basic motor without all lincolns goodies on it (that is if there was a completely new fuel injection, ingnition etc. the four valves per. Holy cow I bet this could be a bad mother shut your mouth kinda thing, oh and btw. the rearend I have seen on www.factoryfive.com racings kits, that makes me wonder I bet there is a fix to the one weel peel deal. Sorry I have my rambling shoes on, keep us posted with the SC. big daddy. see ya when ya see me :Beer :slam :Beer

SORRY ITS www.KCSR.ORG :Bang :Bang :slam and the factory five cars are built using mustang donor cars, they are on my to do list some day after the kids are out of the house

Members online

No members online now.
Back