Cooling fans

foxpaws

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I might not get any answers - but, just in case the normal sources come up empty... And you never know where a N* mechanic might lurk....

So, I was in a big butt Eldo recently, a N*, and I could really hear the cooling fans, and they even remained on after the car was shut off...

Amante - nothing. I have never heard the fans - and never has anything been running after the engine was shut down.

It isn't like he hasn't been driven in hot weather - 100 degrees - in traffic... the temperature bars have gone up to 1 above normal (for a minute or two, then back down to normal), but that is it. Never overheated, or anything, and never any fan noise.

But, I am beginning to wonder if the fans aren't working. Is there a way to test for this - and since I bet there is something wrong - probably a relay - right? Hard to replace - or do you need to be an Italian mechanic to do it correctly?

Ran codes on the DIC and nothing there either...

Thanks....

take the car for a ride, get it up to temperature and then park somewhere and let it run. The fans should come on after a few minutes (I'd wait a good 15 minutes to be sure) because there is no cooling to the radiator. If they don't, the alternative is the temp gauge will start rising.

exactly, turning the a/c to max air will make the cooling fan come on even if the car is cold.

Thanks guys, they are spinning up a storm, I did the A/C test - however they are the most quiet fans I have ever 'not heard'... I put my hand in front of the radiator and I can really feel the air being pushed through.

Well - at least this summer if I decide a cross midwest trip is in the stars - the old boy should be happy... and cool...

It could be busted thermos-witch sensor that is why its not working automatically.

Members online

No members online now.
Back