Coolant crossover tube modification

MKVIIRIP

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently I have seen several pictures of cars powered by the 4.6DOHC that had an interesting modification. On the coolant crossover tube, where it turns down to go to the thermostat housing, that was cut off and welded smooth. None of them seemed to be done for a lack of space. Does anyone know the purpose of this and its effects?

For an easy mod to relocate the thermostat, you can use a crossover from a Conti, ill be doing that mod to my 98 soon

i would like to see pics of both options. My crossover tube looks like crap right now.

Yes, mine looks like a mix between a dry river bed and a rust factory. Plus the stupid fill plug has been frozen in place since I bought the car. I am planning on picking up some C heads soon, out of a continental, so I'll be sure to grab the crossover tube as well. Thanks
Oh, and I didn't take pictures of the car, but I know I have at least one in a magazine I have, so when I get time I'll find it.

cross over

I want to drill and tap the tube end points for braided steel lines and do away with the tube completely.

I was going to recommend those as well. I just saw them the other day and was reminded of them as soon as he said that

Thanks!

DLF rocks! I've been trying to work up the nerve to thread the heads, now I don't have to. Ordered today.

Members online

No members online now.
Back