Coolant Control Module Issue

Finally got the replacement hose in the mail
uhaja7ag.jpg

NAPA was gonna try to charge me $119 and found exact same new one for $50
ehu4atyh.jpg

Keep an eye on that belt, looks like it took a little abuse as well.

By the time you get to the thermostat housing, all that is left to pull out is the crosspipe and the third leg of the crosspipe. If you have the Gen 1 you can at least replace some of these parts with Jaguar metal parts but if you have a Gen 2, so far as I know you are stuck with plastic.

I was just about to order the Jaguar thermostat housing for my '06 but I saw your post. So the 1G & 2G housings are completely different? Ugh.

I just replaced the DCCV last weekend and I tried to remove the engine fill cap to add coolant but it was frozen on there. To avoid breaking the stupid plastic thermostat housing (really, Ford?), I resorted to filling the engine through the degas bottle. It took several attempts to get the large air pocket out of the system but I was finally able to bleed it.

Ok will do and to add one thing, i noticed that I felt a bubbling sensation when foot was on the brake pedal, felt like it was coming from Degas bottle

I tried bleeding coolant system and no luck there. While test driving it, it over heated of course but I quickly looked under the hood and found the culprit

The plastic bracket holding three lower radiator go hose snapped and has been grinding on the power steering pump (explains why my power steering gives out randomly) and the metal pulley was grinding against the lower hose puncturing it.

You've still got air trapped in your system. Did you add coolant through the thermostat housing or just the degas bottle? As joegr already pointed out, the air pocket is preventing the coolant from circulating which results in overheating and boiling of the coolant.

Members online

No members online now.
Back