Convertible LS.... Does one exist?

386Motoring

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
full time vert or powered top. I have seen some people put convertible tops on all sorts of things. Just curious how others may have done it. Thanks :)

Yes, it was called the Ford Thunderbird.

If you make it, they will cum

The LS's are so cheap now.... i figured why not. I love the styling and i think a vert would be stunning. The guys at the shop said they can do it :) Its half the cost if i don't choose to have a top. I really don't like the convertible tops at all. I would prefer to go with a removable hardtop.

The LS's are so cheap now.... i figured why not. I love the styling and i think a vert would be stunning. The guys at the shop said they can do it :) Its half the cost if i don't choose to have a top. I really don't like the convertible tops at all. I would prefer to go with a removable hardtop.

Hell you can make a removable hardtop for $5. A saw-zaw and velcro:D

Try looking around San Francisco. Probably the Only place you'll find a car that gay. :p

Yeah I was just playin. Personally, it's not my style. Don't know how it would look on a 4 door.

Geneticaly engineering killer bees sounded like a good idea also.:rolleyes:

i think the biggest problem would be that the body would be like a wet noodle(that why there are very few 4 door convertibles), i have thought about it many times, with out a roof and only half a b pillar, what would keep the B pillar (where the front door latches and the rear door hinge off of) from tweaking and twisting around corners, it would need some serious body stiffening. i think it would be better (not cheaper by any means) to put the front and rear of an LS onto a thunderbird body, then on top of having a convertible LS, you would have the only LS coupe aka Mark IX.

time to buy a 1st gen with no motor and a cheap TB

I can't consider a 4dr convertible sexy in any way. eason why I thought convertible chryslers were retarded

+1 - the DEW98 platform was surprisingly soft without the roof and they needed to add stiffeners to the t-bird, which added even more weight, hence the t-bird was not considered a 'sports car'.

I was told the entire car would have to be stripped and re-inforced. I found a 00' LS with a bad motor. Worse thing that happens is i have to strip it and i get my money back either way. I'm going to do more research though. I don't want flex in the body so that will be a major issue. Thanks for the serious replies. I was hoping there would be a picture, i guess i gotta photoshop it :)

That video should have a new heading:

"...and all the girlies say I'm pretty fly, for a white guy"
PrettyFlyForAWhiteGuy.jpg

I can't consider a 4dr convertible sexy in any way. eason why I thought convertible chryslers were retarded

what are you talking about, the early to mid 60's conti's (like the one JFK got shot in) are gorgeous.

not in my opinion...i'd tick with a 2dr convert like a chevrolet (camaro and corvette), all the 100k+ cars, mustangs, mercedes.

I think an LS convertible would be pretty cool. They have done it with a 300C why not an LS.

300c_chotop_2.jpg

Members online

Back