convert or new air bags?

Probably have defective springs. I've got arnott all the way around with to much suspension stuff to name NO c/c plates..yet, perfect alignment and it handles like a gocart. It carves corners like a hot knife through butter...the body roll decreased sooo much by switching to coils and the other goodies. Just my 2 cents.

I would think the ride would be totally different if the car had all 4 corners converted, rather than just the fronts. I know I hardly ever have a complaint when all 4 corners are converted. It seems all kinds of problems pop up when only doing on end at a time.

LuxurySportCoupe said:
...the body roll decreased sooo much by switching to coils and the other goodies. Just my 2 cents.
You have GOT to come to a breakfast and take me for a test drive. I've got to dis/prove this for myself.

i got arnott front air springs and air compressor, works great, one time the light went on and i had to reset the switch. but it rides pretty damn well, feels really bouncy tho.

how much is it in labor to take it to a shop to replace the air springs?

CFH said:
i got arnott front air springs and air compressor, works great, one time the light went on and i had to reset the switch. but it rides pretty damn well, feels really bouncy tho.
That bounce may be narrowed down to like a few things like:
have you driven on new air springs before this
Bill Blass air springs in an LSC
worn shocks
driving habits
roadway conditions
CFH said:
how much is it in labor to take it to a shop to replace the air springs?
That depends on where you go. The shops in Pennsylvania charge $35.00 to $85.00 an hour for labor and can bill this as one to four hours of labor.

OldSchool1 said:
You have GOT to come to a breakfast and take me for a test drive. I've got to dis/prove this for myself.

No problem john! Give me a little bit...subframe connectors, 4.10's, and paint are right around the corner! I just finished the interior. Black on black w/ black leather inserts...sexayyyyyyyy. I've been bustin my ass but its finally paying off. :cool:

LuxurySportCoupe said:
No problem john! Give me a little bit...subframe connectors, 4.10's, and paint are right around the corner! I just finished the interior. Black on black w/ black leather inserts...sexayyyyyyyy. I've been bustin my ass but its finally paying off. :cool:
See!
Now I'm gonna have to treat you like a step-child! :)

Forget about how the car Looks and just bring your Lincoln Mark VII Driving ass out to a breakfast! You've been reading through post after post about how everyone is welcome no matter what they drive or what condition the vehicle is in. We wanna see your suspension work, not how much Mothers brand Carnuba wax you have on your clear coated, tripple black resto-mod.

LMAO mark vii driving ass!! lolol seriously i would love to just right now I just dont have the time MR DANCY!! I'll working on it, girdle and gears are almost here, subframe connectors should be welded on by tomorrow, then alignment, i have tons and tons of parts to pull, box, ship, sell, list, thennnnn i gotta get a new trunk lid (punched mine last night :mad: ) damn women!! and possibly two doors so i can put the lsc trim back on, not sure...then paint THENNNNNNNNNNN and THENNNNNNNN i can take a rest and enjoy the car (while i steadily build the 351w stroker replacement) :D :cool:

JoshMcMadMac said:
Just fix the trunk lid...you're getting it painted anyway.

I put a nice size dent in my trunk, quite surprised. Dont think i really wanna bondo it, cars bondo free at the moment. My buddys got a trunk lid laying around thats perfect, he'll probably sell it to me for like 20 bucks.

LuxurySportCoupe said:
LMAO mark vii driving ass!! lolol seriously i would love to just right now I just dont have the time MR DANCY!!
Not having the time is an acceptable excuse.
Punching the decklid (though painful to see a Mark dented) is acceptable.

Take your time, do it right, do it safe. I just want everyone to come out and play with Marks and eat a great breakfast and play with Marks and meet cool people and play with Marks.

(Are we there yet?)

lol, previous owner of my mark7 (my x's brother) got hit by a truck, and the trunk lid got bashed in,
now it stopped doing the robot closing thing, i just slam it now.

but for probly like half a year now ive hada brown trunk lid sitting in my room, which i want to paint, but just cant get myself to do. plus i dunno if i can even get the paint to look good at all compared to the factory paint.

new bags are the man, BUT, right now, my lincoln is sitting crooked, left side is kinda up right is down. hmmm, not flat down, but like 2 inch diff.

Personally I loved OldSchool's reply: put coils on one side, bags on the other and wait. It'll give new meaning to "ghetto cruiser." When working on cars of this age, a sense of humor is mandatory.

My '89's got a few hundred thou' on the OD and the bags have been replaced once. Not bad as far as I'm concerned....and no other "compatibility" problems to worry about either! I've got a slow leak in the rears somewhere, noticable only when the car sits for a couple of days. But after it runs for about 90 seocnds everything looks "simply mahvelous." I'd stick with the originals and not deal with the problems that come with "foreign" parts.

coils

i put coils in my 88 to fix the same problem you are having. i love it no more head ache no more waiting on front to raise and it rides and handles the same.
some helpful advice though i used the arrnotts kit and it was a direct replacement. if you have any other questions ask

Air springs, like tires, are a wear item that occasionally need replacement.

When my tires developed a slow leak after about 10 years and about 30,000 miles, I replaced them with the same size and material that the car was DESIGNED for.

When my air springs developed a slow leak after about 9 years and about 100,000 miles, I replaced them with the same size and material that the car was DESIGNED for.

I don't drive on steel tires. Why should we drive on steel springs?

OLDSCHOOL...I have a Bill Blass and was led to beleive that the air springs were same as LSC. Of course, I may have been told that by strutmisery and am curious of the difference.
Do to delivery problems I installed 1 arnott spring in the front end then had to drive 600 miles on Texas back roads. The original spring on the right front rode so much softer that at 80 MPH ande above it gave very strange handleing on average back roads.(traffic on these roads runs like the autobaun)
Since installing the other spring there is no way someone could talk me out of air suspension. Simple installation took about 30 minutes on second on.

Love this car!!! averaged 24MPG crusing at 70 to 80 most of the way.

Gray Mist said:
OLDSCHOOL...I have a Bill Blass and was led to beleive that the air springs were same as LSC.
By 1991 or 1992, the Bill Blass used the same air springs as the LSC. The differences were in the buttom cone. A concaved cone was used for the Bill Blasses where a straighter cone was used for the LSC.

Thanks Oldschool. That might explain the minor difficulty getting bottom clips back on. Had to bend tabs up a bit then gentley squeeze on with channel locks. Nice tight fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back