Control arms

Probably cuz you don't have a block heater...

nod.gif

Greaseble vs non greaseable is meh.
Quality vs crappy and Im too cheap to buy quality parts is very important.

----
page 209, What did you do to your Mark VIII today
So do you know what a block heater is for? Apparently not.
------
Yes it's for people that are wimps obviously :rolleyes:
My first 300D even had bad Glow Plugs, I didn't plug it in. My '71 R/T Challenger had no Choke AND a big gaping hole where the heater core used to be. Yet I drove it for 2 years straight thru winter, cracking the windows open to keep the windshield from fogging up :mad:
---

Best part is I just drove a 80 Olds Wagon with 91,xxx on it with a 307 to Carlisle to sell. It had a block heater and in it was never used in 91,000 miles because it wasn't needed! Car was sold and went to Sweden and maybe it will be cold enough to use once it gets there :N

I've heard you can fill a needle with grease and inject it under the boot. I've never tried this though.

I use something very similar to this but with a needle attachment at the end.

648755.jpg

I use something very similar to this but with a needle attachment at the end.
You can buy the needle at any parts store for like 5 dollars. It has a Zerk fitting at one end so it plugs in grease gun just like it should. Just kinda have to hold it in somewhat so grease pressure doesn't pop it out.

Gosh darn it. Bastards sent me one a greasable and one sealed unit. Call me anal but I don't want them.

Sent in a request for a return label but have a feeling they'll deny it.

If i'm stuck with them it appears as though i'll have to deal with mismatched arms.. Double :(

Exactly what happened to me at AutoZone. I installed them both and the sealed one of course broke it's boot and is squeaking like mad. AutoZone said to bring it back in for warranty but of course it's the driver side and the worst want to change :mad:

Exactly what happened to me at AutoZone. I installed them both and the sealed one of course broke it's boot and is squeaking like mad. AutoZone said to bring it back in for warranty but of course it's the driver side and the worst want to change :mad:

Yup, drivers side was the sealed one for me too.

They sent me a return label for "one" and said to ship both back due to the fact that they couldn't guarantee the replacement would be the correct one. I'm responsible for the diff in shipping. Such a hassle.

Yup, drivers side was the sealed one for me too.

They sent me a return label for "one" and said to ship both back due to the fact that they couldn't guarantee the replacement would be the correct one. I'm responsible for the diff in shipping. Such a hassle.
Went to National Parts and got AC Delco uppers. Both have grease fittings and look stronger than the stockers that came on my latest Mark.

Well I shipped the mis-matched Moogs back yesterday.

I really want to try the Dormans ($50/pr shipped via RA-Cheapa$$ in me) because the car's just plain old. Highly considering the Raybestos Adv Tech arms now. Guess I'd much rather do it right the first time to save me more down time and another alignment down the road.

The Rays look Beefy:

51nYJqlejoL._SL1500_.jpg

redoing uppers won't affect alignment....if you r/r LCA's and or outer tie rod ends remember to mark the camber washer and sub frame (LCA) and count revolutions or measure outer t.r. end prior to removal; duplicate with new parts and alignment should be close when done

redoing uppers won't affect alignment....if you r/r LCA's and or outer tie rod ends remember to mark the camber washer and sub frame (LCA) and count revolutions or measure outer t.r. end prior to removal; duplicate with new parts and alignment should be close when done

From what i've read it's 50/50, I'll probably just wait to see if the uca change has any effect on it going down the road.

It was last aligned back on 09' / 22k ago when I did the conversion.

From what i've read it's 50/50, I'll probably just wait to see if the uca change has any effect on it going down the road.

It was last aligned back on 09' / 22k ago when I did the conversion.
are you saying the front uca's affect alignment?
:shifty:
eh, there's no adjustment involved...
---
on the rear uca there's an eccentric bushing which affects alignment

are you saying the front uca's affect alignment?
:shifty:
eh, there's no adjustment involved...
---
on the rear uca there's an eccentric bushing which affects alignment

Listen here buddy, by the time i'm done replacing them there WILL be something out of whack. I can guarantee it. :)

The two of you saying I don't have to get it aligned just makes me want to get it aligned even more.

:)

Last edited:
Just scored New TRW's for 40 shipped. Seemed kind of hard to pass up.

UCAtbirdfrontTRWbrand.jpg

The two of you saying I don't have to get it aligned just makes me want to get it aligned even more.

Sometime's it's hard to tell when someone is joking on here or not!
Get it aligned if you want to. :)
There's "NO" adjustment's on the front upper's.
If you change something on the lower half then a trip to the alignment shop should be pronto!

Sometime's it's hard to tell when someone is joking on here or not!
Get it aligned if you want to. :)
There's "NO" adjustment's on the front upper's.
If you change something on the lower half then a trip to the alignment shop should be pronto!

I know there's no adj for them. It's just that I was always taught to get the front end aligned when replacing front end parts no matter what they were. Now I know. :)

I know there's no adj for them. It's just that I was always taught to get the front end aligned when replacing front end parts no matter what they were. Now I know. :)
-----
did a Stealer teach you that?
if, however, you get the upper and lower control arms mixed up, an alignment will certainly be called for

On the older car's that was probably true, but the newer one's....nah. Even though these car's are 20 years old there still the newer one's...:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back