Cold Air Intake

54MarkWagon

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a cold air intake kit that will fit the Mark VIII engine? I have installed a '97 Mark VIII 4.6L engine in my '54 Ford, actually the entire Mark platform including front suspension, K member etc., but the area where the original air box/filter unit went is way to small for the OEM unit. I basically need to make a 90 degree turn out through the fender well to a flow meter/filter unit.

No kits that I know of.

You'll have to make your own custom kit similar to what I had on my '93 years ago with the elbow mean't for a cobra turned (down in my case) and the filter in the fender.

P9294342.jpg

No kits that I know of.

You'll have to make your own custom kit similar to what I had on my '93 years ago with the elbow mean't for a cobra turned (down in my case) and the filter in the fender.

P9294342.jpg
Driller,
I'm looking to do a cold air kir.
Geno doesn't make "ice boxes" any more...please tell me more about yours.
Thanx,
Matt

Not a lot to tell really. I could measure it up next time I have it out.

It would be pretty basic to layout on a sheet of aluminum, cut one out and bend it with a small sheet metal press brake.

Thanks, I made a first attempt that didn't work, but ended up going through the Radiator support. Will build a mesh screen in the grill area too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back