Cobra plenum install and cruise controll.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, there MAY be a deal that will allow me to get a Cobra plenum soon if my buddy can make it happen. I really love the looks of them so I will prolly do it but dang it I want the cruise to work!

OK, I know the IMRC will bolt right up and that I need to use the Cobra fuel rail since I want to retain my EGR, I also understand that the throttle body needs to be flipped and also need to trim a part on the hood to clear. I guess thats about it..... oh yeah, need a Cobra intake tube and will need to mod it a little to mate up to the Marks air box.

So who here has gotten the cruise controll to work and what do I need to do to make it work?

The stock cruise control cable is way too short. From what I have heard, you need to get a cruise control cable for a 96-98 cobra. One of these days I might try to find out how long the cobra mustang one is, and search through the junkyard to see if I can find one that will work. For now though, I just tucked it away so my car doesn't have cruise control.

Remove the inner fender on the driver side, and relocate the cruise control box to the frame rail closest to the engine, this will allow the cable to reach the back of the Cobra intake.

I just ran the cable from a different opening in the fender wall. There is a hole for the ABD brake fluid return. The cable went through there and I ended with with the perfect length. A small screw into the plenum to secure the tad and it was done. I think this is the quickest method and should work - although I have a 96. Could be that 97/98 have different cable lengths.

Anyone have pics of their intake pipes so I can get an idea of what I want to do?

buy a cold air kit here is a cheap one
http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/i...roducts_id=2&zenid=0cp7a62a3lbj5rlahanrih3th5

3130143912_b13fe6a739.jpg

buy a cold air kit here is a cheap one

where have I seen that car....hmmmm.... oh yeah, IT'S MINE:D

It's a cobra tube, I reattached the original air box and attached the tube and box together with a rubber reducing plumbing flange, I think it was a 5" to a 3" or 4"

Interesting choice for IAC location.

I could just get a cheapo Cobra CAI kit and just use the pipe and t-body coupler then go to home depot and get a sewer pipe coupler/reducer and use my stock air box. Hmmm, I like it! :)

Interesting choice for IAC location.

I could just get a cheapo Cobra CAI kit and just use the pipe and t-body coupler then go to home depot and get a sewer pipe coupler/reducer and use my stock air box. Hmmm, I like it! :)

The point of buying a kit is u get everything pipe, rubber fitting, kn fitler cone, other misc. So u won't need ur airbox and or try n buy a CA kit with a heat shield. If you want to buy a cobra tbody u can always go to www.dfwstangs.com or craiglslist. Have you been to dfwstang is our local street rod web forum.

OK, I know the IMRC will bolt right up and that I need to use the Cobra fuel rail since I want to retain my EGR, I also understand that the throttle body needs to be flipped and also need to trim a part on the hood to clear. I guess thats about it..... oh yeah, need a Cobra intake tube and will need to mod it a little to mate up to the Marks air box.

So is this all that is needed for the Cobra intake setup?
I've been looking into setting aside some money each paycheck to but one.
I just dont know EXACTLY what i need.

So is this all that is needed for the Cobra intake setup?
I've been looking into setting aside some money each paycheck to but one.
I just dont know EXACTLY what i need.
I guess so. My ADD kicked in and I bought a Kenne Bell blower instead. :lol:

hahah! thats great man! Looks like it kicked in on your sig pic changing too. :p Which btw,your car looks sick man!

So did you just not install it or you bought the blower deal and didnt get the cobra intake?

Instead of starting a new topic, I will add to this one. I bought a complete Cobra intake and it came with a set of IMRC's that were modded to make IMRC delete plates. Anyone want them? I think I will be sticking with the stock IMRC's for now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back