cobra hubs and calipers???

Daviddc114

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i am wanting to upgrade hubs and calipers, but i am curious,,do the cobra rotors just mount up no problem..and does the traction / abs work perfectly afterwards??? how bad is changing the hubs to the mustang lug pattern?? is there a certain year of hubs that are better?? is it a big job??? thanks!!

238 post and by now im sure you have browsed and or even used the search options. this question has been beat to death. try searching if ya still cant find it im sure someone will spoon feed it to you.

238 post and by now im sure you have browsed and or even used the search options. this question has been beat to death. try searching if ya still cant find it im sure someone will spoon feed it to you.

i did search, but i was trying to find out if it was a straight bolt on. I just searched this thread though, i didnt try google :slam

i found this article which is a great write up.

http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Article.html

my only problem now is i see there is a relocation bracket needed for the rear, do you guys have any preference which ones to go with? the ones suggested by the post i found are no longer available...

for the fronts, Corvette C4 PBR calipers also work, with Cobra brackets or the Mark VIII spindle holes can be made larger by about 3 mm....I have some if interested

dead-horse.gif

thanks for the link!!! wow those are nice!! im still torn on weather to upgrade to cobra calipers or not. The only reason i would, is because if i am changing the bolt pattern anyway, i might as well change the rotors too.. i think the main reason i think it is a good idea is that there will always be better rotor / caliper options for the mustang setup.. but then on the bad side, if you ever wanted to put the stock wheels back on that would be a whole project!!! The bolt pattern doesn't matter much to me as i am ordering custom wheels so i can get them in either bolt pattern... anyone have opinions on there pros and cons???

stock

I cant see going back stock after all the work to change the car over.Lot more options with mustang parts as stated ealier.

Members online

Back