Cleaning The Inside Of The Windshield

I know, I haven't seen it at our local stores on the shelves just yet either for some reason.

I only paid $9.99 CDN for it and that was at a dealership. Which said it wasn't supposed to be on the shelves yet.

Wonder what the big secret is with it.

Also I couldn't help notice your US bottle is different colored compared to our CDN product.

<shrugs> ... anyhow, it works well for me, great product.

I bought a small shower squeegee about 15 years ago...10$. The ones with the real soft rubber. I use it on both outside, and inside. Never see a streak or spots of dried up water. Only use warm water to clean, and then, pass the squeegee. Then, for the sides, finish off with those synthetic towels that are really soft. Dries and cleans up beautifully. No products needed.

You'll end up cleaning the dash at the same time since water droplets from the squeegee will fall on the dash. Just wipe off, and you're done.

I'd imagine the OP is referring to a film buildup or haze... and less of "streaks" left from cleaners... More of a contaminant than a cleaner issue.

Huh, something he can't get off with a good cleaner or solution, like some chemical that damaged the glass?

Maybe time to break out the fish tank algae remover, that stuff will give you cancer though.

Might be micro-pitting from the outside like already mentioned, only thing good to fix that is a rock!

EDIT - - - -

G, I had to go back and reread 2Kool's first post. (I've been accused before of NOT READING I'm sure)

I'd really like to know the secret to getting the inside of the windshield clean. On my '04 Town Car, I clean it with Windex and clean paper towels and the moment I drive into the sun, it looks as though I wiped it with a milk-soaked cloth. A friend asked me about this some time back and suggested 'off-gassing' of some sort. Anyone else seem to be defeated here? Is there a secret that the auto detailers know about that they aren't sharing?

"it looks as though I wiped it with a milk-soaked cloth".

Maybe from doing it in direct sunlight, dirty crap and cleaner solutions dry up and haze onto the glass before you get it off.

Sounds like a good amount of dirt on that glass ... just getting rubbed around.
Try cleaning one side at the time, in the evening when the sun is gone and the windshield cooled down.

Like in those videos posted previously, clean the outside first and know the condition of the exterior glass.

Well anyway,,i went out today and got some Mr clean sponge thingys.

in the right light my windshield looks like i should scrape it with a shingle remover..

Well,,cool windshield,out of the sun.....

Mr Clean magic sponge didn't do CHIT !!!

did turn it dirty but after lots of elbow grease,,still not good.

what it looks like is it's covered with little round splotches.

look at grandpa and see all those age spots ??

looks like that !!!

Thinking of going with the , 000 steel wool,,or should i be conservative and use 4-ot ?

Anyone tried vinegar and newspaper yet? Key is to do any window cleaning is out of direct sunlight (where the solvents evaporate too fast, and a dirty rag smears the grease/grime around). A section of newspaper can offer a lot of surface area

Yes, mechanical abrasion can work well too, ie: steel wool for those deep scum layers. Just be sure what you're using isn't harder than glass or more importantly doesn't contain particles harder than glass. A ring with a diamond will also scratch glass.

I dont like to clean my windshield too much, then I can notice all the pits...

Canadians not all that dumb after all, US said, we want that and we'll call it 'Alaska'.
Canada gladly handed it over in a hurry, nothing good ever grew in Alaska.

Except the US bought Alaska from Russia for 7.2 million dollars, or 121 million dollars in today's dollars. Had to Wiki the price, and found out something I didn't know; the US almost annexed British Columbia but Canada beat us to it. Canada had nothing to do with the US getting Alaska.

Anyone tried vinegar and newspaper yet?

Yes, but the print on the newspaper will stain your fingers. If you get unprinted newspaper paper, it works pretty well but it's a bit of a hassle to find. Its only advantage is it leaves no lint behind.

.... and found out something I didn't know; the US almost annexed British Columbia but Canada beat us to it. Canada had nothing to do with the US getting Alaska.

Actually, Canada looked at that place once and said, screw that! wait for the US they'll snatch it up in a hurry!

~ Only thing good about Alaska is Sarah Palin's daughters t*ts.

Invisible Glass and a razor. Takes cigarette residue and anything else off the glass. After that, clean again with the Invisible glass. Use the same prep to tint Windows. Works every time.

Got it clean !!
Liquid clay bar with a soft sponge,,could feel it cleaning as i went,,would sorta grab a little then slide easy when it got clean.
buffed out with a microfiber cloth.

on the inside i covered the dash with a blanket.
used "ZEP" foaming auto glass cleaner.
spray it on,foams up,let it set,clean off.
cleaned with the blue shop towels.
applied twice and finished with a microfiber towel.
now it's like the window is rolled down :)

i did find some cig butt's in the rear ash tray's tho the car didn't smell it but maybe still some residue on the inside glass.

now to do the inside and outside of all the other windows :(

Members online

Back