Chicago Auto Show (Pics)

jmtiseo

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
The few random pics from this past weekend. Wanted to go back and snap some of the Audis and Beamers but the group I was with wanted to get a move on to see the rest of Chicago. Not the greatest quality but I'm not droppings serious coin on a camera I'll barely use. Some of these pics it looks darker than it was in there. First time on a train, in Chicago, at an auto show, eating at Giordano's Pizza, getting a second long island that had more bite than the first (I was cutoff after two at Bdubb's once), and seeing a properly done Bi-xenon projector conversion on my friends Cobalt.

Cadillac Ciel Concept
IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Lincoln MKS - "The Whale"
IMAG0175.jpg

Lincoln MKZ
IMAG0176.jpg

Lexus LF-LC - A pretty gnarly looking hybrid.
IMAG0178.jpg

Wish I woulda got a pic of the taillights dead on. Don't know what they did (maybe mirrors) but they have an infinite depth to them. Like looking in a mirror with a mirror behind you.
IMAG0179.jpg

Lexus LF-A's
IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

Chevy Tru 140S Concept - has a supercar look
IMAG0186.jpg

1 of 100 '93 Cobras and the new GT500 20 years later. They mentioned it having the most powerful production V8 on the market with a 5.8L (351) Supercharged motor. Forgot the other numbers over 550hp 510 ft-lb torque maybe? Check out the cherry on top at the end of this.
IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

The grille is non-existant on this one. Again, hard to see.
IMAG0192.jpg

2013 Fusion
IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

Seperated Ford Raptor
IMAG0196.jpg

The innerds of the beast.
IMAG0197.jpg

2013 Ford Escape - Had to take this for my mom, she loves her Escape.
IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

Jacked up van? Took this for a friend who would be excited to see a 4x4 van.
IMAG0200.jpg

Your cherry on top, not as great as I expected and the sound you're hearing is actually coming from a speaker that was right above me, not the car itself :/. I thought it was neat they had this inside like this.
http://s976.photobucket.com/albums/... Auto Show/?action=view&current=VIDEO0004.mp4

Last edited:
That Lexus hybrid is sweet. I like the Fusion redesign as well. Time for Lincoln to step it up...

I know, it's a very "cool" looking hybrid. The Lincoln display was sub-par, very bland and nothing mind blowing.

I think we can kiss lincoln goodbye here in a couple years... so disappointing

The new fusion looks too much like an Aston Martin. Will probably sell good because of that. Toyota should have labeled a new Supra and not gone the Lexus route. Dissapointed again at Toyota's move to not bring their flag ship car back. Again not listening to the customer.:mad: LF-A PSHHHH

I think we can kiss lincoln goodbye here in a couple years... so disappointing

That's what it's looking like unfortunately. If I remember right they had a couple MKS's, the MKZ, and an MKT, that was it. It was simply overpowered by the Cadillac display across the aisle.

Sad to see Lincoln going with the baleen whale design. The new Fusions front end is pretty good but the overall car isn't that great. I prefer the design of the current Fusion, especially the sport (my sister has one). The 650HP GT500 is awesome! Almost as awesome as the Raptor. If I could have both of them in my garage I'd let my LS go.

The caddy concept looks kinda goofy but I'm kinda digging it - The rear end is weird, but some minor tweaks and it's pretty bad ass (love the wheels, suicide doors, front end could look better but still like it) - At least it's different. The Lincoln display looks soooo boring and like any other car you might already see on the street (just add a weird looking grill).

The Caddy concept oddly reminds me of this...

936full-the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-screenshot.jpg

One of my favorite movies.

Really wish I got a few of the Audis and BMWs, now those were jaw dropping along with the fine ladies showing the cars.

Damnit, photobucket fail!

*Edit - Fixed it as you were looking at it trickett. I don't want my photobucket albums looking like some of the folders at work. Can't stand disorganization!

Not saying that standards have lowered but when you go to a school like mine you can't be too picky. "The women are like parking spaces, either handicapped or taken."

Yeh, it's from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It was driven by Captain Nemo in the movie. A character of another favorite, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I will be at the Pittsburgh Auto Show this weekend

Members online

Back