check transmission.......

shiryu0

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
sunday came back from LA, it was 110 outside, humid as f$%^, had the a/c on the whole way..........get home, pull into the driveway, notice i got a little bit of smoke underneath...........its transmission fluid on the exhaust, i changed the trans oil maybe 4 months ago and hadnt gone anywhere far with it, just to work.........

so i figure i probably just went over a bit, maybe half a quart-ish........left it till it cooled down, got the water hose and hosed down the whole bottom of the car, while i was at it............

got into it monday morning, maybe a mile from home, 'check transmission' comes on the message center, O/D light flashes.... :mad: ....car is shifting fine........ :confused:..........turn around, come home, hook up my little scanner, no codes........... :shifty:

didnt drive it all week, until right now, i took it out to drive it, about a minute in.......check trans came on, O/D light flashed, kept driving it, car was shifting fine........and all of a sudden it just went away and car went back to normal, hooked up the scanner, no codes............

wtf :shifty:

Have you attended any safety meetings lately? :p Anyway, just guessing here but it kinda sounds like your shift solenoid may be getting ready to go out on you but I could be way off.

There is an idiot light for the tranny? Are you serious? Must be a puss ass gen 2. Anywho, awe :q:q:q:q I can't respond at all cause I'm thinkin about this "check transmission" message. Does that even fit on the display center? Are you serious? For real? For true?

wow man that was a helpful post. Wtf. Sorry that i cant help O and sorry for another wasted post.

been driving the car this week, works normal.........nothing has shown up again, im guessing water got in the harness or something when i washed the oil off of the exhaust.......

the trans oil did get a bit hot, i used Mobil 1 ATF, and if any of you have used it.....that stuff smells........the fluid smells like regular atf now lol..........time to throw a big trans cooler in..........

Check your VSS. On my 97 I got that message a few times . Trans fluid had eaten away at the wires cover and the wires to the VSS shorted out. I didnt notice the wires untill I replaced the VSS and still got the code. After cleaning the wires and getting creative with electrical tape they didnt short any more and the message never came back.

And philly0420, yes the second gen cars actually tell you whats wrong with them instead of making you guess like first gens do.

I was drunk that night and shocked because I owned a 98 LSC for 3 years and never knew that. AND my 93 always tells me whats wrong with it, I don't need it spelled out for me:lol:

Havin safety meetings is one thing, drunk driving is just plain stupid

Members online

No members online now.
Back