Check Air Ride System

BradGroves

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and just bought a 1997 LSC in February.

Right when I turn my car on the compressor runs for a second then shuts down and the message shows up. on American Air Suspension, they say this is a "Hard Fault" and could be "1) bad sensor 2) A bad vent solenoid in the compressor 3) A bad solenoid in the air springs 4) In the wiring 5) Although pretty rare, even a module. Do you guys have any experience with this problem? I had no problems with the car previously, it was very well maintained, and the suspension seemed to raise just fine. Thanks

quick question about that message is there any way to disable it? i know it said in the strutmaster instructions i got but i accidentally tossed them before i had a chance to do it, it said about cutting a wire in the dash or something like that. thanks

Just cut the green wires untill it goes away.

I nominate 93' Blue on blue as honorary "Search Fairy" for the month of May 2010

well done sir
+1

and +1 on only cutting the green ones under the dash. You cut the other green ones and the reactor will go critical. :(

Yay, I'm a winner! :D

Credit to GMAN and others who I steal the info from.

Any insight on what a "hard fault" could entail? If I do choose to convert to springs, do you guys find that Eddie's "wolf pack" kits are superior to strutmasters? They look identical.

dont ditch the air just yet, hard fault is something that is "wrong all the time" bad relay bad height sensor bad comp or not likely the module. swap the relays first and see what happens

Members online

Back