CDC Custom upper Mesh Grills...Come and get them

Has anybody tried to make a mold and make there own bottom peice? I have made molds for small stuff in the past. U would have to have one to make the mold out of first though. Then you could make as many as you want. It would be a lot of work at first though but after the first one its pretty easy. If somebody had one i could go off of i would be game to make a mold and give it a test run.

KevinACrider said:
Eli, the 2 main reasons I decided not to was because I think I can buy a big sheet and make numerous ones, installed in factory bezels and sell them to cover costs. Secondly, I'd much rather prefer to find the material locally so there is no wait to pick it up. I'm not a fan of ordering items.

I ordered mine and received it in about 2-3 days. Its quick.

Hey kevin, its all good, if you can do that, more power to you. I just got these things and wanted to give back to the LVC community, same as you.
As far as making a mold like cpgoodman said, i havnt tried it, but I would be willing to share any info that is needed from my support piece that is need, like pics, dimensions, whatever.

P.S. There are still some available.
Thanks all,
Elisha

I would need the peice to make the mold. You have to cast a negative first. So if somebody had one that i could use for a couple of days i would be able to make the mold then send it back asap. I would like to get one of these grills but im not willing to try make make something else work then it turns out looking like butt. If somebody lets me use a lower peice then i would make them a couple to do whatever they want with. Im sure you could get 50 a pop on here. Anyways if not no big deal ill just go with LSE grill.

cpgoodman said:
I would need the peice to make the mold. You have to cast a negative first. So if somebody had one that i could use for a couple of days i would be able to make the mold then send it back asap. I would like to get one of these grills but im not willing to try make make something else work then it turns out looking like butt. If somebody lets me use a lower peice then i would make them a couple to do whatever they want with. Im sure you could get 50 a pop on here. Anyways if not no big deal ill just go with LSE grill.

I'd be interested in a lower piece if you get any made.

chr0me said:
post pics

I'm in the air force and am actually deployed right now. So my grill is just sitting at home with my wife until I get back in January. I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed though.

I'd really like to have this look..the mesh upper grille, and the lower mesh to go in my new LSE bumper cover on the way from LSKONCEPTS. But seems like a hassle with the upper part..not having the parts I need.

Guess I will leave my stock LSE upper grill alone, and try the walmart gutter cover plastic that was referenced in another thread..

I will hopefully be working with cpgoodman on making some of the upper support pieces for the mesh. So hopefully we will be figuring something out soon.
Thanks,
Elisha

IamEli said:
I will hopefully be working with cpgoodman on making some of the upper support pieces for the mesh. So hopefully we will be figuring something out soon.
Thanks,
Elisha

That would be awesome. I'd definitely be interested if you came up with something before February. Let me know.

Thanks,
Elisha

Any word on this?

PLEASE! I'm back home now and I'm dying to get this thing on. Has anyone (mainly cpgoodman or IamEli) found a way to make the lower support piece? At least let me know if you guys have lost interest in this thing so I can let my hopes down. :D Hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

From what I am hearing Putco is coming out with a mesh grille for the LS. Keep an eye out for it!

I remember reading this thread a while ago, lol. I probably would have gotten one too if everything came with it, instead of it missing a piece that doesn't exist.

GrayGhost1 said:
From what I am hearing Putco is coming out with a mesh grille for the LS. Keep an eye out for it!

But I already bought this one! Damnit! :slam

GrayGhost1 said:
It's true, I have talked to the Vice President of Sales for Putco (Who is our Marketing Director's Brother-in-Law) and he turned it over to the engineers. If this is a go forward I will be the test mule and Ken will be the first to have the product. It will be the Chrome Liquid Mesh Grille.

It was never sent to me. I havent had the time lately to even find out what is going on. I would say that the one that is about to come out would be the best bet.

are these still available? I'll take one if so. Also, has anyone firgured out something to make the bottom molding?

Got mine last week, I have a few ideas on making look like a "cleaner" fit, but I haven't had time to try them out yet. I just got done moving into a new apt. this week and just got internet today. Here's a quick picture of the grille on my car. Thanks again IamEli

100_0061-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back