CDC Custom upper Mesh Grills...Come and get them

IamEli

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, I have CDC custom upper mesh grills. I want $50.00 shipped for each one, the pics are below. These are straight from Classic Design Customs in Michigan. Remeber though, this is only the Mesh, not the upper piece or the lower piece. You are getting only the Mesh grill. Anyone that is interested please send an email to Elisha.Sage@gmail.com. That is not my paypal Addy though, so dont try and send any money to that one. My paypal addy is Nage142003@hotmail.com . I will accept Paypal and money order, but I wont ship till I receive the money orders in hand.
Enjoy,

PS. look in my photo gallery to see pics of what they look like installed.

100_0545.1.JPG

100_0541.1.JPG

100_0544.1.JPG

can we get a better picture of it,
like laid on top of something dark.
and maybe a close up.

If you don't have the upper or lower CDC grille pieces, how can you install them on a regular 2-piece grille?

mholhut said:
If you don't have the upper or lower CDC grille pieces, how can you install them on a regular 2-piece grille?
If you have the upper piece from an 00-02 grille then all you'd need is the lower bezel. The lower bezel is shown in one of the pictures above. I've been trying to get that piece made for well over 7 months now. Also, you'd need the spacer that goes underneath the mesh to push it flush against upper grille. I'd say you might be able to adhoc something with that mesh.

I will try and post some better pics tonite of the grill against a dark surface, the grills are all Stainless steel. As for how to mount them, you take apart your old grill, meaning take off your either chrome or black center piece and use the upper part of the stock grill, then secure the mesh to that, I used a screw and a zip tie. that snugged it right up. Like Ken said, there is a lower piece that is supposed to come with it, but there arent any of those left, so you will have to come up with that on your own, but I was thinking maybe a piece of like plastic door moulding protector stuff or something that you can bend around the bottom of the grill. either way, it took me about 20 mins to install the mesh, not hard at all. Here is what mine looks like installed, but again, the bottom piece is something you guys will ahve to come up wiht on your own.
Thanks,
Elisha

vbpgimage.jpg

Check ebay for 'stainless steel mesh' I have found 1/4", 3/8", and 5/8" sheets (12"x48") for about $50 shipped. You would have to fabricate it yourself but you could do the bottom piece with that to match the top.

Is there any way to make the mesh work with an 03+ one piece grill? I assume I would have to cut out the center pieces. :(

n8

yeah, you cold do that too, but these are pre-formed, pre-cut, and have a bend in the middle that helps it contour to the existing hole. If you want to fab up your own, go for it, but I tried and it is not an easy task. Now I had heavy duty Stainless mesh, so that it wouldnt bend because of the first stone that hit it, so that could be part of the problem. Anywas, these grills are very nice, and easy to install, the little extra spent on these will more than make up for in time saved.
Thanks,
Elisha

I wonder how it would look with the all chrome grille with the mesh in the center...

IamEli said:
yeah, you cold do that too, but these are pre-formed, pre-cut, and have a bend in the middle that helps it contour to the existing hole. If you want to fab up your own, go for it, but I tried and it is not an easy task. Now I had heavy duty Stainless mesh, so that it wouldnt bend because of the first stone that hit it, so that could be part of the problem. Anywas, these grills are very nice, and easy to install, the little extra spent on these will more than make up for in time saved.
Thanks,
Elisha

I dont think you exactly understood what I was trying to say. First question: will the pieces you are selling work with an 03+ grill? Will I be better off cutting out the center piece or just buying an older (00-02) grill and work on it? I like the all chrome surround of my 03+ grill but like the mesh too. Anyone have this?

Second: since you are not selling the bottom piece I was suggesting the stainless wire mesh from ebay to complete the set. A little pricy for the both of them and a bit of work on the buyer's part but that just about describes any DIY cosmetic mods for this car.

What is the mesh size you are selling (ie the wire to wire dimension [1/4" 3/8" etc])?

n8

I'm very interested in this grill but i don't want to get and then not be able to come up with something for the bottom. What does the bottom piece actually do? Where does it fit?

The bottem piece is part of what holds the grill in place, but really is more of a looks item. It covers the bottem part of the mesh so that you cannot see the edge. I secured my mesh by screwing through a hole in the mesh into the back of my stock upper grill, then zip tying it to my stock upper also. The lower piece actually has no part in holding the mesh in place. That is the reason that I think that it would not be hard to find something to just replace the bottem piece that I have. All we need to think of is something to cover the edge of the mesh.

I know people were screaming for these like a month ago, come on.

Thanks,
Elisha

Are you selling the bottom grill also (not the bottom piece of the top grill)? I notice you have the matching bottom grill in the picture you posted... and I think many others were wondering the same thing.
Again I ask what size mesh is it (1/4", 3/8", 1/2")?

thanks,
n8

I only have the upper mesh piece, I made the lower peice from a flat peice of mesh. As far as the size of the mesh, it is 3/8" mesh.

Elisha

IamEli said:
The bottem piece is part of what holds the grill in place, but really is more of a looks item. It covers the bottem part of the mesh so that you cannot see the edge. I secured my mesh by screwing through a hole in the mesh into the back of my stock upper grill, then zip tying it to my stock upper also. The lower piece actually has no part in holding the mesh in place. That is the reason that I think that it would not be hard to find something to just replace the bottem piece that I have. All we need to think of is something to cover the edge of the mesh.

I know people were screaming for these like a month ago, come on.

Thanks,
Elisha

Will I be able to attach this to an '06 grille?

I am not too familier with the 03+ grills, but if they come apart like the 00-02 grills then it should fit. And by come apart like the 00-02 grills, I mean that the upper chrome or painted piece is seperate from the actual black plastic grill part. I cant promise that it will, but it might. Maybe someone with some better expertice could lend some input?
Thanks,
Elisha

93Cobra said:
Will I be able to attach this to an '06 grille?
It is possible but highly unlikely since the mounting tabs on the bottom of the grille goes with the center part.

I don't mean to bring this post back from the dead but what exactly is the name of this style mesh? I've looked everywhere and cannot find the interwoven mesh. What type of places are my best bet to looks for a sheet of this?

I dont know, why dont you just buy one from me??? ha, no really tho, I am pretty sure ebay sells sheets of these for not too much, but the hardest part is bending is to fit your grill. If the mesh is too small,(small diameter) then it will be easy to bend, but will not stand up well to any rocks or things like that when driving, and mesh that stands up to rocks and stuff like that is freakin hard to bend right.

The only place you'll find that style of woven mesh is at www.ametco.com. However, you'll have to buy huge sheets of it since they don't sell pieces.

Thanks for the grill Eli. I haven't seen it yet but my wife said its there. @Ken - Do you know which mesh matches CDC's the best?

Eli, the 2 main reasons I decided not to was because I think I can buy a big sheet and make numerous ones, installed in factory bezels and sell them to cover costs. Secondly, I'd much rather prefer to find the material locally so there is no wait to pick it up. I'm not a fan of ordering items.

Members online

Back